Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

What's that jackpot over Ohio? What's going on out west? 

Watch the primary and how the qpf is being thrown at KPIT then as coastal takes over it throws love back to them once again (although most of their action is front end -  and w/ primary far enough south it doesnt erode precious thermals. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

What's that jackpot over Ohio? What's going on out west? 

It's the primary low. I've been saying over and over (and over) for the last couple days.. that low has to track close enough to put the precip shield over PA and transfer to pivot it over PA. The Euro had been ducking it and popping the coastal, narrowing the heavy snow swath. It's starting to finally put the precip shield from the primary solidly into PA like the GFS has been doing while transferring in time to keep things mostly snow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

It's the primary low. I've been saying over and over (and over) for the last couple days.. that low has to track close enough to put the precip shield over PA and transfer to pivot it over PA. The Euro had been ducking it and popping the coastal, narrowing the heavy snow swath. It's starting to finally put the precip shield from the primary solidly into PA like the GFS has been doing while transferring in time to keep things mostly snow. 

lol...you've been a great mentor to learn from.  

Were a lucky bunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, MAG5035 said:

I'm surprised it gets that much moisture so far west. That's awesome!  

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

As always love your analysis. Seems KPITT best chance at a foot is mainly the primary. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

This is what is going to leave me in the dry slot during the transfer and kill my totals in the western laurels......still fun to track!

Just now, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

This is what is going to leave me in the dry slot during the transfer and kill my totals in the western laurels......still fun to track!

You may not be in winner circle, but you'll do just fine.  Verbatim you snow from 68-108 +/- on most models 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Euro OP threw out some crazy QPF totals over SE PA...ensemble mean suggests a slight, overall reduction from 0z.

On the OP, I was on the western fringe of the best QPF. On the mean, I'm on the NE edge of the 6" line. 

Uncanny how the Op's were mostly east today but the ensembles are all over the place.  20% of the EC ensembles miss most of PA with coastal love. Not really locked in yet. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

are we Still looking to kickoff this snow party, mid morning Sunday? or has timing changed on todays runs?

Most stuff I saw suggest your roads will have caved by mid morning Sunday.  It may be snowing before sunset (Meant Sunrise, sorry) just using the current op's runs as guidance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Uncanny how the Op's were mostly east today but the ensembles are all over the place.  20% of the EC ensembles miss most of PA with coastal love. Not really locked in yet. 

was hoping for the op to pair up w/ Ens, but really is enough difference to not spike any footballs yet.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

It's just weird that most of the Op's all made similar moves.  Coincidence I guess. 

Yeah I knew with all the great trends we were having we may see some off trends as seems to always be the case. But even the off trends today didn't result in failure. EURO/GFS and even CMC was good if not decent. They have the general idea of what is going to happen now it comes down to placement of the transfer and where it goes.