Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MAG, I got the CMC and GEFS mixed up. Sorry about that!

It's all good, just trying to keep comparisons straight. A lot of times shared info from the Mid-Atlantic thread is stuff that's being analyzed through the Mid-Atlantic lense. 

Here's GEFS means 12z vs 0z, ramped up pretty good in our region and some of the northern MD folks. 6z means are fairly close to 12z. Again, starting to focus more than shift.. imo. 

1485129312_ScreenShot2021-01-28at1_18_34PM.thumb.png.a9751a80c7d7523190bdc23ccdb52d4a.png

The 12z Euro doesn't stall the low over Delmarva like the 0z did, does so farther east. The biggest thing I'm seeing is it's finally starting to fill in the precip shield related to the primary low. And trajectory of that and the handoff is good to hang the shield over PA. The western PA gang will like this run, it keeps Pittsburgh mostly or all snow. 

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

This trend east is worrisome to me. Hope 0z halts it. 

We have to remember this storm is coming on a straight west-east trajectory, not directly up from the Gulf. Typically, storms that slam Chicago with a foot plus of snow are ones that are cutting and giving us rain or p-type issues. Not with this block though.  This is still a great run for a big snowfall, pretty much everyone gets a warning snow and Sus Valley still gets clobbered. The big thing with this setup is where the coastal low stalls, if it's east or it doesn't stall for long we see this result. If it stalls over the Delmarva like last night's 0z run did, then the excessive totals become more in play (the 18-24+ type stuff). 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Welp Nut...the jackpot moved well SE from 12z...

...and on this run, it targets ME and YOU. 

Can we hold it?

Seeing CMC and now GFS coming around, its fair to say were in the starting lineup, and not on the bench.  Thats what i've been pulling for.  No doubt in my mind that once coastal pops/stalls/loopdydoops etc, the rakage will ensue for much of true central, UNLESS we lose a loop or it bumps due E (which isnt seeming to be the current consensus).

EDIT -  and once again as I'm typing Mags already tellin...

good stuff