Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

This! I've been saying for some time that I don't want to be near the edge, especially the southern edge. 

Thing is...I think there's an upside to this for our area. I'm not sure that the maps show the best case scenario. (caveat - it could also go the other way)

Yes! Exactly...

6 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Ugly hole in Pittsburgh, but moving towards a better solution.

If the Euro didn't kill off the WAA precip from the primary low as fast as it's been doing we'd have a much more uniform swath of snow across the state. It's not that far off from what the Canadian has until the transfer. Euro's getting over to the coastal faster and the coastal starts off stronger further down the coast. They hang the low in pretty similar spots with the Euro stronger and a bit tighter to the coast. The overall storm scenario is still quite workable for everyone. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, daxx said:

I know you all know I hate snowfall maps, but when you see a decent amount of snow to the southeast and northwest of the heaviest axis that is great look. We usually see very little to the southeast. I'm all in for now. Lol!

Thats why i posted.  Its called wiggle room and as you know, some of us dont often get that (and still may not as its 4 days out).  

Just now, MAG5035 said:

If the Euro didn't kill off the WAA precip from the primary low as fast as it's been doing we'd have a much more uniform swath of snow across the state. It's not that far off from what the Canadian has until the transfer. Euro's getting over to the coastal faster and the coastal starts off stronger further down the coast. They hang the low in pretty similar spots with the Euro stronger and a bit tighter to the coast. The overall storm scenario is still quite workable for everyone. 

0z had 999mb

and 12 had 992 just a tick south @ OBX

My gut says thats part of what we saw today.

22 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Never trust a Miller B lol.

I agree this is going to be a nail biter right up to when it starts. I feel like we are going to have a swing down on the models for maybe one run or so. But the good news is if we can get a good initial thump from the Primary and the transfer doesn't go well we still win. 

• Like 1

You guys should get excited when I put these particular maps out. -4 to greater than -6 standard deviation 850mb U-wind anomaly (40-60kt eastern jet) aiming into the Mid-Atlantic and eventually southern/eastern PA. One of my big storm benchmarks. This def makes me somewhat suspect of some of the lower QPF between the transferring lows. 

Hr 126

ecmwfued-uwn--usne-126-C-850uwnstd_2021012712_whitecounty.thumb.png.477069e0d3b6e438fe466907d6221117.png

Hr 144

ecmwfued-uwn--usne-144-C-850uwnstd_2021012712_whitecounty.thumb.png.18a0c502587d740cb87c570e42173d43.png

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

No doubt.  I still feel like there's a decent chance.  This year seems things have trended better for my area in setups like this.  Hoping that continues.

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

GFS is sending the primary towards Pittsburgh. Verbatim, the southern tier sees a LOT of mixing. QPF totals don't look especially high given the slow development and track of the coastal. It's pretty strung out. 

I mean, I said Cleveland earlier... Lol