Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

It is stalled. My goodness. 

Its a doozy.  Someone post perty snow pics.

BTW, it is really really close to CMC (if one toggles bak n forth).  Going to be interesting to see who caves.

Going to buy more chips....the Euro's hand is hot. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Its a doozy.  Someone post perty snow pics.

BTW, it is really really close to CMC (if one toggles bak n forth).  Going to be interesting to see who caves.

Going to buy more chips, beer, blocks of cheese, beer, pretzels, peanuts, beer...the Euro's hand is hot. 

11 minutes ago, daxx said:

I really like what I just saw on the Euro!  As we get closer we can get more picky.  

All the markings of an LSV crusher (AKA Cashtown Crusher). Probably been since 2016 that we have had a SLP redevelop in the SE and move almost due north into cold air. Regardless of model output the place to be for that Euro storm is the S/E one third of PA.  Stalls, double barrel looks, retrograding....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

4-day snow totals to cover the whole event but separate out the Lake Effect in upstate NY early in the forecast period, so it's a 10:1 map. Kuchera totals generally look a couple inches higher. This is a big shift from the 0z op run and while not dropping a 40 burger on anyone it's a better overall coverage event than yesterdays 12z. 

ecmwf-deterministic-ne-snow_96hr_inch-2353600-1.thumb.png.ed69f02ff6555c74aba7cf87496b6691.png

• Sad 1

Just now, daxx said:

What a long duration event.  From hour 108 to hour 168. Not heavy the whole event but snow falling from the sky.

said it yesterday, thats a win for me.  Im not expecting what the Euro just showed, but many solutions show long duration, so thats a win no matter what the snowstick measures.

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

All the markings of an LSV crusher (AKA Cashtown Crusher). Probably been since 2016 that we have had a SLP redevelop in the SE and move almost due north into cold air. Regardless of model output the place to be for that Euro storm is the S/E one third of PA. 

Yes sir!  We are definitely looking good for now. Hopefully we keep the look or improve.  

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

All the markings of an LSV crusher (AKA Cashtown Crusher). Probably been since 2016 that we have had a SLP redevelop in the SE and move almost due north into cold air. Regardless of model output the place to be for that Euro storm is the S/E one third of PA.  Stalls, double barrel looks, retrograding....

As others said good to see you back. 

1 minute ago, daxx said:

I know you all know I hate snowfall maps, but when you see a decent amount of snow to the southeast and northwest of the heaviest axis that is great look. We usually see very little to the southeast. I'm all in for now. Lol!

This! I've been saying for some time that I don't want to be near the edge, especially the southern edge. 

Thing is...I think there's an upside to this for our area. I'm not sure that the maps show the best case scenario. (caveat - it could also go the other way)