Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

34 minutes ago, anotherman said:

PSUHoffman knows more than I will ever know about this stuff, but I still think it’s jumping the gun a bit. Who is EJ?

I agree, it is way to early to worry about boundaries when the final track is far from set.

Remember, for the December storm, that Binghamton, NY a couple of days before the event looked to be getting fringed with under 10 inches of snow and they ended up with 3 feet!

Also, the day before the December storm, CTP had the 18 inch bullseye near Harrisburg & Carlisle with no mention of sleet. Harrisburg ended up with 11 inches. The CTP snow bullseye in reality ended up from I-80 on north where many places ended up with 2 feet!

I like where we are sitting at this range.

16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol...This is the same guy that cancelled the blizzard of 2016 a few days before the event because of one off run of the Euro that took us from 2 feet down to 1 foot.

He knows his stuff, but he is all over the place and likes to panic early & often!

? He's not panicking. He's feeling great about where he sits right now. He offered a  very early, educated guess. (Which is too early to be honest)

The one that's concerned is Hoffman.

This is unbelievable if it plays out with this long duration.  It starts snowing at 7:00AM Sunday morning and doesn't end until 12:00PM on TUESDAY!  Folks...that's 53 hours.  I think the longest storm of my life was 36 hours in January 1996.  I've never seen anything last this long.  WOW.  Oh yeah, the 14" of snow is pretty nice too...lol.

• Like 2

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

This is unbelievable if it plays out with this long duration.  It starts snowing at 7:00AM Sunday morning and doesn't end until 12:00PM on TUESDAY!  Folks...that's 52 hours.  I think the longest storm of my life was 36 hours in January 1996.  I've never seen anything last this long.  WOW.  Oh yeah, the 14" of snow is pretty nice too...lol.

gonna be a long 4 days of tracking!

8 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

This is unbelievable if it plays out with this long duration.  It starts snowing at 7:00AM Sunday morning and doesn't end until 12:00PM on TUESDAY!  Folks...that's 53 hours.  I think the longest storm of my life was 36 hours in January 1996.  I've never seen anything last this long.  WOW.  Oh yeah, the 14" of snow is pretty nice too...lol.

Long duration is a win no matter how it stacks up (well as long as it stacks up enough to play in).  6z GFS says the same snow late morning sunday right into tuesday morning rush hour.  

AND......if thats not enough, it looks like more opps coming on the heels of next weeks event.  Takeaway is it looks and feels like normal winter....and normal is good.  

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 6z GFS even though it has a different evolution that is further north than the Euro, still delivers a very good result for most of CTP.

Living a happy life is learning to compromise.

We'll all be happy w/ an EPS/GFS compromise. 

See....that was easy.:D

Hey everyone, quick idea.   If things keep looking like snow, I think it would be fun to have a snow contest for the area.  Pick something like 5 sites and see who can guess the total snowfall for those places.   Start a spreadsheet and tally up the numbers.   Like this post if you want to participate or respond directly to my post.   If we get 10 players I’ll get it going.  

• Like 8