Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If only...

Nothing, I mean nothing will get me excited at this lead time. Nope...not happening. 

Then again - it's nice to have the #1 model showing it. :) 

Hence my "huggin for 6 hrs" post. 

I will say that if one parses over major nooners for next Monday's event, they are all seeing something and are rather similar at 144hrs, which raises my bar a bit.  

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If only...

Nothing, I mean nothing will get me excited at this lead time. Nope...not happening. 

Then again - it's nice to have the #1 model showing it. :) 

"We are due"

"The early bombs get sniffed out early"

"The Euro is King"

I'm starting the reasons over the years it will happen! :D

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It would be nice if they made a forecast today and stuck with it before changing it 5 times before the event even gets underway.

yeah north country went from 5" 24 hours ago to 1".  W primary going west, I was never giddy bout this one.  Hope that in a week from now, its worth the wait.

16 minutes ago, paweather said:

Hang in there. I hope we get lucky with the HRRR.

I wish I could offer you some hope but after barely a ground-whitening 0.1" it's already coming to an end.  I still have a fine mist of snow falling but nothing that will add to the total.  Oh well, here's hoping for this Sunday.  I don't understand how the HRRR can be so wrong when it's only going out less than 6 hours?  It flat-out busted!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I wish I could offer you some hope but after barely a ground-whitening 0.1" it's already coming to an end.  I still have a fine mist of snow falling but nothing that will add to the total.  Oh well, here's hoping for this Sunday.  I don't understand how the HRRR can be so wrong when it's only going out less than 6 hours?  It flat-out busted!

Yeah I know gave us hope this thing just went to nothing. I hope Sunday/Monday tracks consistency the next couple of days to give us hope but who knows. 

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

yeah north country went from 5" 24 hours ago to 1".  W primary going west, I was never giddy bout this one.  Hope that in a week from now, its worth the wait.

The 12z Euro and the other 12z models today had a great look for a CTP snowstorm for Sunday into Monday!
The ensembles support the chance as well and it’s only 5 or 6 days away. Maybe this will be indeed worth the wait.

7796DFC2-B4AD-49D7-A757-11F56D605ED3.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

The truck out front had some snow on the hood for about 30 minutes. Win?

This event is just getting started. There is more precip developing now in western and central PA. There is also a lot of precip to our south and west that will move through as snow to start and then become a mix by morning. 
Most models today didn’t even have precip starting in Harrisburg until near midnight.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This event is just getting started. There is more precip developing now in western and central PA. There is also a lot of precip to our south and west that will move through as snow to start and then become a mix by morning. 
Most models today didn’t even have precip starting in Harrisburg until near midnight.

Don’t think it’ll be pure snow unfortunately - I don’t buy the HRRR at all. CTP’s 9 pm forecast discussion writes off anything of substance due to temps.