Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

9 minutes ago, Voyager said:

CTP seems rather bullish for the coal region...

Monday
A chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tuesday
Snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Good Stuff! 

55 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I am thinking a good thump and then snizzle.

I like the look of the front end snow thump on the 18z NAM at the end of the run. Yes, long range NAM, but it should help over the next 24 to 48 hours to see the thermals for the snow & mix zones.
I think many in our region have a good chance for 3 to 6 inches of snow, more for those that stay mostly snow & less for the areas that mix.

934E5C3A-9E36-469B-8FCE-9FA74CDEFAE4.png

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The southern edge is south of the MD line...even southern York and Lancaster get a few inches this run according to the long range NAM.

The 2" line is 30 miles south of my house. The southern edge has been moving north with every model run. I'm about out of room.

The southern edge usually fails, as well. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The 2" line is 30 miles south of my house. The southern edge has been moving north with every model run. I'm about out of room.

The southern edge usually fails, as well. 

The 10 inch line is also less than 30 miles to your north... this could go either way depending on how the final details lock in.

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I don’t think anyone in CTP is getting 10 inches of snow out of this. I think it will end up as a general 3 to 6 inch CTP wide event.

That was what I told my daughter and grandson earlier today. I don't see it being more than 6 inches. At least not widespread. Perhaps a lollipop or two.

Oh please....

Anything but this. I'd rather smoke cirrus or have a 100% rainer than the whole gauntlet of wintry p-types. Ugh...

Monday
A chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
Tuesday
Snow likely before noon, then snow and freezing rain likely, possibly mixed with sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of sleet before 8pm, then a chance of snow between 8pm and midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

25 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Oh please....

Anything but this. I'd rather smoke cirrus or have a 100% rainer than the whole gauntlet of wintry p-types. Ugh...

Monday
A chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
Tuesday
Snow likely before noon, then snow and freezing rain likely, possibly mixed with sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of sleet before 8pm, then a chance of snow between 8pm and midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

A little sleet & freezing rain on top helps the snow to stay around longer!