• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

Not a good run of the 12z models for down here. We may need to wait until February now. 

We would join 1972/73 & 2005/06 in only having a T in snow for month of January in the last 132 years. In fact, 10 winters, have had a January with less than 1” of snow. 2006/07 only had 0.60”.

It's going to rain tonight in the LSV - thus ending a remarkable stretch of weather that has been relatively the same each day for nearly 2 weeks. Of course, the majority of the precip falls during darkness, so by tomorrow we resume our stretch of what we've had since the beginning of the year.

We just can't get a wintry threat inside 7-10 days. Hopefully a piece of energy times right soon for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's going to rain tonight in the LSV - thus ending a remarkable stretch of weather that has been relatively the same each day for nearly 2 weeks. Of course, the majority of the precip falls during darkness, so by tomorrow we resume our stretch of what we've had since the beginning of the year.

We just can't get a wintry threat inside 7-10 days. Hopefully a piece of energy times right soon for us. 

Thank goodness finally something other than sun and clouds tonight. LOL. I agree let's hope we get better model runs today and this weekend for the next couple of weeks. 

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

I should add GFS is suppressing everything right now on this entire run out to 318.

So now we wont get cut, but NAO is a shredder.  Upslope and lake snow folk approve, but its just a meat grinder verbatim.  Just need some southern energy to get involved and we'd be seeing lots of little pieces of overrunning IMO.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

So now we wont get cut, but NAO is a shredder.  Upslope and lake snow folk approve, but its just a meat grinder verbatim.  Just need some southern energy to get involved and we'd be seeing lots of little pieces of overrunning IMO.

Yep. I hope so and we get better trending in the models over the weekend.

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

EPS with a strong signal for white gold for the last week of the month. Let's hope it's delayed (somewhat) but not denied. (in the least)

I'm optimistic that winter will be here in force before the end of the month. 

Yes, delayed but hopefully not denied!

Very strong signal indeed for the last week of the month on the EPS. The snow map at 12z pushed the 6 inch snow line down near I-95.

This is the best snow map by far since before the December major event.

90D5020D-0571-4E8F-8420-08E646024584.png

• Like 2