Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Please ........NO. :P

There can be enough debby'in when we are gettin pooped on by the snow gods. 

And from what I can tell....you prob couldn't be like that if you tried...but please don't try to prove me wrong....lol

I'm just happy for it to be looking and feeling like winter (even if its only snowpiles down here - normalish for piedmont areas)

HAHA. Just kidding.....I do like his passion. Let's hope next week brings some tracking!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've gone on record here previously stating that I enjoy a nice dark, dreary day - but at some point can we at least have SOME sunshine? We're on a roll lately with cloudy days...

In my mind, January has become the most boring weather month here. I would love to just track a rain storm in this month if nothing else. 

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've gone on record here previously stating that I enjoy a nice dark, dreary day - but at some point can we at least have SOME sunshine? We're on a roll lately with cloudy days...

Yeah I also have an affinity for dark winter days, but they are far better when the landscape is white.

28 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I think the snow will come. So many years where it looked cold and dry and everyone complained but eventually the snow came. Let’s get the cold air first.

Having established cold is one less thing to be worried about for sure. At the same time, we don't really need "cold" right now - we can swing this with average temps for the next several weeks. In January and the first half of February, I want moisture first and cold second. As long as we don't see cutters the next month or so, I like our chances. Get something under us and we'll likely be happy. If it's too cold, it's likely going to be too dry. 

It stopped snowing around this time in the afternoon Sunday. It has remained cloudy and literally within a degree or two of 35ºF in the 72 hours since then. I dunno about any of you guys, but I'd actually like to see some sun and clear weather for a couple days. 

12 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It stopped snowing around this time in the afternoon Sunday. It has remained cloudy and literally within a degree or two of 35ºF in the 72 hours since then. I dunno about any of you guys, but I'd actually like to see some sun and clear weather for a couple days. 

That's what I was saying earlier. This cloudy weather is somewhat depressing. 

The overnight 0z guidance looks to be showing that this Tuesday system now in the D5 range for us might have some legs...with Euro and Canadian presenting a snow event over a good portion of PA and 0z/6z GFS not too far off for PA but still showing a fairly competent low trying to lift out of the Gulf states after developing in Texas. Difference with the GFS vs Euro/Canadian is GFS keeps streams separate and the Gulf system as a single southern stream shortwave. Euro/Canadian drop in and interact a northern stream shortwave just enough to make this more of an event. Ensembles showing the system but not very strongly yet when it comes to maybe running the low up the coast to impact our region. Euro EPS was probably best look, but we'll see how things evolve as we're still D5-ish. 

I do like the look and the fact models are latching onto having something of substance. These Gulf lows can be more moisture laden than advertised, so if we can work it up to our latitude I think we could see a decent snow event. It's definitely starting to look like it could be one at the early stages all the way in the heart of Texas. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

I agree Mag, sure has been gloomy out without any sun. Kind of puts you in a blah mood.

Blizz Euro doesn't look to bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

From WGAL:

134765526_2724659834465061_7895280246870647232_n.png?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ohHjstZhausAX_gI4us&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=b725a7f88944d53b1e843788e5963dcc&oe=601C3A6E

I've always found it fascinating that Lancaster-based WGAL uses info from Harrisburg and not Lancaster. At least in most of Lanco, 1996 dropped more snow here than 2016 did. The 1983 storm dropped remarkably similar amounts in both locals - I measured 24.8" in the '83 storm. I don't remember 1945. :) 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've always found it fascinating that Lancaster-based WGAL uses info from Harrisburg and not Lancaster. At least in most of Lanco, 1996 dropped more snow here than 2016 did. The 1983 storm dropped remarkably similar amounts in both locals - I measured 24.8" in the '83 storm. I don't remember 1945. :) 

They must use the airport stats for everything.