• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

Well, I'm certainly not excited to see these long write-ups about the upcoming pattern. Especially since I'm looking to FINALLY get back to work (hopefully) from my Covid and shoulder surgery induced hiatus.

In fact, it downright terrifies me to think I may come out of the house in a potentially dangerous and far from ideal pattern for a commercial truck driver.

I wish I had the resources to sit out the whole of winter and wait for spring, but I can't...

Happy New Year to All. 

I guess sometimes there are more important things than snow and celebrating New Years Eve is one of those things. I see the maps for Sunday.  I am not ready to shovel more snow yet.  That 25" is still in my mind.  

Happy New Year!

Bottomed out at 21.9 here this morning. Could take awhile to scrub that cold air out, so fair amount of freezing rain seems likely.

Am debating whether to break out a Frost Guard windshield cover I bought several years ago, but have never used.

Only use my car on Wednesdays so many times can count on warm temps to melt any ice before I need to drive. But with the possibility of more ice Sunday, will probably bite the bullet and put the cover on. Which I’m not looking forward to due to some vertigo problems. However, sure beats the prospect of scraping ice. Hell to get old. Haha.

I envy those of you with a garage!

11 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@showmethesnow

What are your thoughts on the Sunday snow potential?

To be truthful, I pretty much lost interest when it became obvious that the upper level support (500mbs) would lag behind and along with it the cold we needed to help offset the crap airmass in place before the system. So I for the most part have been casually glancing at best and looking more beyond that to what that system may mean for the possibilities for around Friday. I might add, I like what I am seeing for Friday, IFFFFF the temps can cooperate. The setup at 500mb is primed for a potential MEC somewhere in the East as currently projected. But we are talking 7 days and there are things to be worked out first to see if we can realize that potential. 

But back to your original question. Outside of Northcentral and Northeastern PA I think most will be left wanting for any somewhat meaningful snow. This is excepting the coastal stalling and/or intensifying quicker which would change the equation. For those salivating over the NAM runs and their snowfall just remember they are at range. I myself think they are out to lunch here. The globals (GFS/Euro/CMC) probably have a more realistic snowfall presentation but even they are probably over done as well on the southern and western edges of the snowfall. 

But again, I haven't followed closely so take my thoughts for what they are worth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro run for next Friday into Saturday has the winter storm possibility that @showmethesnow mentioned above.

Buckle up, the winter storm chances should be starting to line up later next week and beyond!

5CE9FC5F-D39E-4EAB-9253-4712FA375517.png

785CA23F-6ACA-44BD-BD2F-D03FAF715071.png

77972BC0-F990-4803-A887-D6FDE1F55630.png

2021! Let’s bring it on. Maybe some wintry mix today to start.