Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Seems like its been years. This has me all pumped up like the Christmas snow in '02. I think i'll grab 3 fingers of Bourbon and write a Hallmark story :D

Im planning on a post snowblowing cocktail tomorrow!

My neighbors loovve when I get my big honkin snowblower out and they suddenly seem to like me all over again.

That portion of the disco hasn't been updated since about 10 last night. However, overnight and early morning guidance (6z) have continued to support that notion of a 24+ axis somewhere between I-99 and I-81 northeastward toward the Poconos. Exactly where is likely going to eventually be determined by today's near term guidance as the event unfolds. Still trying to adjust to the fact that we're trying to pinpoint the highest totals within a nearly region wide foot plus in all guidance for us haha. 
I think CTP has a good handle with their current snow map. I do like that general area of Lewistown to Selinsgrove up to Williamsport for the best opportunity to get to two feet or perhaps beyond. For State College I'm thinking 14-18", but definitely a shot to get past 20 or so. Gonna depend how far back those CSI bands set up the first half of this evening, and to a lesser degree how well the storm accumulates rate and ratio wise during the WAA phase of precip today. If State College does get into the thick of it, I'd look at the 7 mountains region of US 322 between there and Lewistown for something ridiculous. Again, this is pinpointing where these excessive totals might pop up within the general 10-20" this whole region stands to see.
Making a fairly safe call of 14-16" for the backyard (Altoona), it's weird saying that much is a "safe" call haha. They're sort of in the same boat as State College with perhaps the outside chance of seeing 20. 

How do you think we do near MDT? Not sure how much mixing we are gonna get here. Also some models show dry slotting giphy.gif
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Snow removal for beer? i like it.

for the ones that know me well, that is my ONLY payment method I accept.

oh and fwiw, i got downgraded a bit.  I'm still north of the 11 so I will roll w/ it.  12" is my snow goal for this one. Funny how you might get double that and your like 35 miles WNW of me.

StormTotalSnowWeb_Pennsylvania.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FHS said:

ITS SMELLS OF OZONE OUTSIDE LIKE CRAZY ON THIS WONDERFUL MORNING  IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT SMELL LIKE, SO YOU KNOW  ITS EITHER GOING TO SNOW  OR ITS SINGLE DIGITS  COLD (THE OTHER TIME WE ALL CAN SMELL OZONE) . HAVE A GREAT DAY HOMIES . OFF TO BAKE MY VERY MAGICAL HECS COOKIES TO KEEP ME GOING THE DISTANCE. 

Agree on the smell! Nothing sweeter 

20 minutes ago, FHS said:

ITS SMELLS OF OZONE OUTSIDE LIKE CRAZY ON THIS WONDERFUL MORNING  IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT SMELL LIKE, SO YOU KNOW  ITS EITHER GOING TO SNOW  OR ITS SINGLE DIGITS  COLD (THE OTHER TIME WE ALL CAN SMELL OZONE) . HAVE A GREAT DAY HOMIES . OFF TO BAKE MY VERY MAGICAL HECS COOKIES TO KEEP ME GOING THE DISTANCE. 

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FHS said:

I'm on my way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdskidoo said:

this can't be real life.  I must be dreaming.  most models have my area in the "zone".  that never happens.  looks like enough up north for some pre Christmas riding.

Hey Kirby.  Hope all is well.  Youre not dreaming.  Stay home and enjoy the show.  NC looks to be on the northern periphery of the jackspot, but should get enough for the anxious ones to get some snowmobiling in.  

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Hey Kirby.  Hope all is well.  Youre not dreaming.  Stay home and enjoy the show.  NC looks to be on the northern periphery of the jackspot, but should get enough for the anxious ones to get some snowmobiling in.  

Are you in Akron? I'm not too far from you in Gap. Will be interested to see how our two locations compare. 

8 minutes ago, Mshaffer526 said:

Are you in Akron? I'm not too far from you in Gap. Will be interested to see how our two locations compare. 

Yep.  I'll post em when were done.  Crazy gradient somewhere between or just north of us.  We'll know tomorrow at this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mshaffer526 said:

Modeling has been consistent with that warm nose in southern Lancaster County. I feel better being up by Route 30 but that will be something to watch on Radarscope tonight

meso's starting to show us gettting dry slotted (which was discussed by Mag as a concern yesterday).  Just need a little eastward movement of LP to help save us from too much dry time while our nw brethren are getting ccb'd.

meso's starting to show us gettting dry slotted (which was discussed by Mag as a concern yesterday).  Just need a little eastward movement of LP to help save us from too much dry time while our nw brethren are getting ccb'd.

Been seeing that for a couple days. It’s moved all over the place. Hope it’s doesn’t land on us, lol.

• Like 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

NYC weenie here who have been through many huge snowstorms. 

Enjoy, take alot of pictures and go walk outside during the storm. :)

Thanks and agreed.  The only thing I love more than searching for snow on computers, is seeing snow for real.  I'll be on here much less once we get started as I'll be outside relishing the moment.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1