Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

5 minutes ago, JTrout said:

Lancaster show 2 inches to the south and almost 30 at the NW tip. Some gradient on the nam 3k....geez. 30 mile shift and it’s boom or bust for my county if this verified.  

Isn't that true (in some form: n/s, e/w) for almost all major Lancaster area snowfalls?

Mixing and dryslots (or fear of), and large gradients are pretty much the norm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NeffsvilleWx said:

Isn't that true (in some form: n/s, e/w) for almost all major Lancaster area snowfalls?

Mixing and dryslots (or fear of), and large gradients are pretty much the norm.

Years ago (as in at least 20-25) a recently retired met from MU made a call for like 0"-24" for Lanco. People thought he was a coward for putting out a range that incredulous...it ended up being almost spot on. Our proximity to the ocean and not having a chain of mountains surrounding us can break hearts all too often. That same proximity to the big pond can pay huge dividends though, too. 

Everyone thanks for taking the time  posting all the maps. And there sure hasn't been to many bad ones.

Have enjoyed checking in through out the day and seeing the projected snow totals.

Tractor, snowblower are ready to go.

Probably another aspect of these storms that I like is sitting in front of the fireplace and watching it snow with a cup of coffee.

Until it's time to go out and cleanup. After cleanup then it's time for the other liquid refreshment. 

• Like 2

Just now, pawatch said:

Everyone thanks for taking the time  posting all the maps. And there sure hasn't been to many bad ones.

Have enjoyed checking in through out the day and seeing the projected snow totals.

Tractor, snowblower are ready to go.

Probably another aspect of these storms that I like is sitting in front of the fireplace and watching it snow with a cup of coffee.

Until it's time to go out and cleanup. After cleanup then it's time for the other liquid refreshment. 

WELL SAID!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Years ago (as in at least 20-25) a recently retired met from MU made a call for like 0"-24" for Lanco. People thought he was a coward for putting out a range that incredulous...it ended up being almost spot on. Our proximity to the ocean and not having a chain of mountains surrounding us can break hearts all too often. That same proximity to the big pond can pay huge dividends though, too. 

late 90's, I believe. Went to bed sure school would be closed. Woke up to brown grass. Still haven't gotten over my distrust of snow forecasts.