Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

During the Jan 2016 storm, Cumberland County was fortunate to remain under the "Death Band" for 3 hours.  The snow rates during that period were 3.5" / hour.  I got 10" in like 3 hours. Ended up with 35" total in the end.  Biggest storm of my life.

You gotta like this run for Lanco!

Honestly its as good as we can expect here.  I never thought or believed we'd be on the podium for snow amounts for this one.  You to voyagerville and surrounding locals have been in the crosshairs and are in the jackspots.  I'm pulling for all of you.  I just want my 12+ and I'm set.  If that deformation band plays out as modeled,  I may run at 15".    

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

If you're talking about the 3k then yes, I most definitely agree!

This was the correction I was suggesting might happen for you this morning.  There was just a little too much bouncing around of LP's and it didnt seem right.

Mind you ....no chest thumping yet, because we really have 3 more runs till show time, so this is just me feeling better about my suspicions possibly being legit.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

This was the correction I was suggesting might happen for you this morning.  There was just a little too much bouncing around of LP's and it didnt seem right.

Mind you ....no chest thumping yet, because we really have 3 more runs till show time, so this is just me feeling better about my suspicions possibly being legit.  

Yes, and this is what our buddy PSUhoffman has been talking about all day. We can still be okay BUT we needed the north/west trend to stop, and stop with the 18z suite.

At least on the 18z NAM, it did just that. Right now, that's exactly what we wanted and all we could hope for. 

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Honestly its as good as we can expect here.  I never thought or believed we'd be on the podium for snow amounts for this one.  You to voyagerville and surrounding locals have been in the crosshairs and are in the jackspots.  I'm pulling for all of you.  I just want my 12+ and I'm set.  If that deformation band plays out as modeled,  I may run at 15".    

I said last Saturday I liked the I 81 corridor and Cashtown to jack...going down with the gail-force storm. 

I think i saw someone wanting thundersnow? From state college afternoon discussion.

This target area will see a one-two (maybe even three) punch of
warm advection heavy snow later Wednesday afternoon and
evening, followed by a period of peak CSI-banded heavy snow with
the potential for Thunder snow later Wed Evening through a few
hours after midnight as the nose of a strong 50-60 kt easterly
850 mb jet and 130 kt upper jet focuses hefty uvvel and
slantwise instability near and just to the NW of I-81.