Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

39 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I lived there from 2004-09 and had a bunch of moderate events, nothing I would really call major. The largest single event was the Valentines Day 2007 snow/sleet event with I think 11". Consistently below average snow, one year 08-09 maybe got above 40". PLENTY of events that split PA down the middle and skipped us over, storms that formed too late or cutters that were sleet events. This looks like the kind of storm that can really dump on them-a track over the Chesapeake Bay into S NJ is essentially textbook for that area. The result is a sloppy mess for my backyard but I'll be thrilled if somehow UNV can pull it off to get above 20". Yes it's really been since 1994 that it's happened. The area is known for nickle/dime events that can add up but often to below season average. Further east/north often get in on the big nor'easters. 3/14/17 if I recall was a very nice event in State College but not like Binghamton/Scranton area. I drove through much of PA in the wake of that and definitely remember a huge max in NE PA that petered out a little to the west. 

Great to still see you posting! I remember many of your posts from EUSWX during those years you lived here. Really seems like this might finally be the big one for us....I've finally given in to full-on hype and excitement. Those last two EURO runs are probably the best I've seen in 20 years of tracking them. Nice to see the last minute trends breaking in our favor for once. Hope Gail can find a way to exceed expectations for everyone in this forum!

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'm still fine w/ that, cause sleet will be mixed in.  Pack retention....

I'm better than fine with that. 

When is the last time that everyone who posts in this thread got at least 1' from the same storm? Even Clearfield is 1' on that map. 13" of ice/snow = very satisfied.

Please quote this post tomorrow evening when I'm complaining about sleet. :) 

When is the last time that everyone who posts in this thread got at least 1' from the same storm? Even Clearfield is 1' on that map. 13" of ice/snow = very satisfied.
Please quote this post tomorrow evening when I'm complaining about sleet.  

Lol, you and me both.

I will gladly take 13” of snow, with sleet mixed in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

its been fun for sure.  Nice to be doing this again.  As long as it doesnt get any further west, I'm with you on being just fine w/ this.  It sure is a rarity when we all are flirting w/ 12+ accums, and some potentially double that.  Its still a forumwide event.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think the same thing. We are going to be close to the mix line. At least now I don't have to deal with accidents since now retired. 

Oh no they didn't... :yikes:

Wednesday Night
Snow before 1am, then snow and sleet. The snow and sleet could be heavy at times. Low around 23. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

No more snow showers. :lol:

Wednesday
Snow, mainly after 11am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. East wind 5 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow before 1am, then snow and sleet. The snow and sleet could be heavy at times. Low around 26. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

3k NAM has 45-50 dbz reflectivity over Cumberland county for 3 hours between 0Z and 3Z!  That's like 4"/hr rates.  22" total snow, 26" Kuchera total.  WOW

That greater radar reflectivity could indicate sleet mixing in which is the time frame of that most likely occurring...still likely one for the books!

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

dude, the 3k is truely NSFW.....

go toggle the snow panels.  Sweet mother of all things holy.....

During the Jan 2016 storm, Cumberland County was fortunate to remain under the "Death Band" for 3 hours.  The snow rates during that period were 3.5" / hour.  I got 10" in like 3 hours. Ended up with 35" total in the end.  Biggest storm of my life.

You gotta like this run for Lanco!

• Like 1