Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

1 minute ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Hey all. I’m chasing this storm up from Philly. I don’t want to drive more than 3 hours tops. I was thinking either poconos, but also Williamsport or around the Harrisburg region. Any spots you’d recommend based on current data? I’m a little worried in E PA about the deformation zone lifting farther N than anticipated, but that’d still be better for c pa. Can’t decide! I’d be leaving early  tomorrow morning so still time to get some model runs in.

Based on what we've all been seeing, I think western poconos back to sunbury to state college and soutwest to altoona is all easy pickins.  Deform axis has been pointed in that general direction for last day or more.  Were I you, I'd let the big dogs eat at noon today and see what they spit out, as that SE adjustment we often see close to game time might show up...even though this has been pretty locked in for a while now.  Hope that helps.  Enjoy the chase.

18 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Hey all. I’m chasing this storm up from Philly. I don’t want to drive more than 3 hours tops. I was thinking either poconos, but also Williamsport or around the Harrisburg region. Any spots you’d recommend based on current data? I’m a little worried in E PA about the deformation zone lifting farther N than anticipated, but that’d still be better for c pa. Can’t decide! I’d be leaving early  tomorrow morning so still time to get some model runs in.

Hey, I’m also chasing this storm(from dc area). Very familiar with the selinsgrove, Williamsport area so hoping those two will be in the max area. Would just be happy with 12-15”+. 

2 minutes ago, Topher said:

Hey, I’m also chasing this storm(from dc area). Very familiar with the selinsgrove, Williamsport area so hoping those two will be in the max area. Would just be happy with 12-15”+. 

selinsgrove/sunbury is a good choice.  plenty of accommodations right on Rt15.

I don't remember the last time, if this has ever happened, when MA forum folks flocked here for a listing of local Dave and Busters and Super 8 spots so they can watch snow. 

And Topher and Wentzyldelphia are about to meet up and dock like this is Grindr.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

I’d shoot for Sullivan County.  Accommodations are sparse, but if you can get a room at the Eagles Mere Inn it’s a sweet spot. Could be a bit pricey, but last time I was there they had great food. And Eagles Mere is a very cool little town that gets lots of snow.

EDIT: Closed due to Covid.

41 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Hazleton, PA might be a great spot it has elevation and looks to be in a good spot.

My parents are in Pittston, PA (between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton) they look to be in a great spot as well. Wish I could be there to see this, enjoy this PA!

14 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I don't remember the last time, if this has ever happened, when MA forum folks flocked here for a listing of local Dave and Busters and Super 8 spots so they can watch snow. 

And Topher and Wentzyldelphia are about to meet up and dock like this is Grindr.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Sometimes I wonder if you've dabbled with dem pills well before this storm pal...:P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, whiteout said:

Man really feel like this is slipping away for us in the LSV here the last 12 hours. First Euro jumped N with the best totals and judging by the NAM we may be in big trouble.

If your in Shippensburg I am not sure what is slipping away from you. It does appear on the NAM that Lancaster county is at risk to turn to sleet/FRZ rain for a period of time.