• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

What is this with NWS, and snow showers? Are we just getting showers with snow or snow heavy at times. :D

Snow showers, mainly after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. East wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Wednesday Night
Snow showers before 3am, then snow showers likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 24. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Thursday
A chance of snow showers and freezing rain before 7am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 7am and 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

What is this with NWS, and snow showers? Are we just getting showers with snow or snow heavy at times. :D

Snow showers, mainly after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. East wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Wednesday Night
Snow showers before 3am, then snow showers likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 24. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Thursday
A chance of snow showers and freezing rain before 7am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 7am and 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Mine's almost the same. No precip amounts, though...

Wednesday
Snow showers, mainly after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 28. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Wednesday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Thursday
A chance of snow showers before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

13 minutes ago, paweather said:

Wednesday Night
Thursday

I really hate the term snow showers, especially in a storm that is expected to be steady heavy snow. It doesn't even make sense.

• Thanks 1

CTP has my grid getting freezing rain, da hell?

Wednesday
Snow showers, mainly after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Wednesday Night
Snow showers before 5am, then snow showers likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible. 
Thursday

1 minute ago, canderson said:

CTP has my grid getting freezing rain, da hell?

Wednesday
Snow showers, mainly after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Wednesday Night
Snow showers before 5am, then snow showers likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible. 
Thursday

It looks worse than it is.  The main precip for you and me is modeled to be winding down substantially by 3-4am.  When the snow gets really light there sometimes can be freezing rain/drizzle mixed in.  I would say 99% of the entire event is all snow for both of us.  I also have no idea why they are calling heavy snow, snow showers.  I can almost guarantee you that once they issue the winter storm warning tomorrow the verbiage will have just become "snow".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It’s frankly weird to see CTP so bullish. They have been for days. 

A system originating from the Gulf states developing a coastal low tracking up the coastline near or on the Delmarva into the teeth of a strong Canadian high are what C-PA snowstorms are made of. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

So this would be a true Miller A?

Hmm it's still showing some surface reflection into the OH Valley on the models, so I don't know if it'd be a clear cut miller A if we're being technical.  But with the coastal getting going early and tracking where it needs to for this area on pretty much all models now.. it might as well be one. 

• Thanks 1

Hmm it's still showing some surface reflection into the OH Valley on the models, so I don't know if it'd be a clear cut miller A if we're being technical.  But with the coastal getting going early and tracking where it needs to for this area on pretty much all models now.. it might as well be one. 

Think it’s technically a Miller B, but the good one for us.