Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It sucks. No sense saying anything other than what it is. I try and appease myself by understanding that there are storms where I get decent snow while Mag and others get cirrus. Yeah, it sounds good now, but tomorrow afternoon when I'm pinging or ZR and others are 1/4 mile vis in +SN, it doesn't feel so good then.

For what it's worth, @MillvilleWxwho is a great met that posts in here from time to time, thinks that the jackpot might end up in the hills of York county between York and Harrisburg, which would seem to better scenario for us mixy folks in the SE part of the region. 

He's a great met and I miss his posting.  You follow him on twit?

Boy if he's right, I've no complaints about what we get in Lanco.

Seeing the NWS 12'' probs and Carlisle at 71% is pretty stout and something rare to a weather weenies eyeball around here.  Just think about that.  Hell, I'm at 54% and giddy about it.  

Just now, Voyager said:

I think the worst for me is when three quarters of the forum is "puking snow" and I'm looking at "pixie dust". I can handle being on the warm side and it being a rainer while it's snowing elsewhere. Getting a leaf blower storm while 30 miles away their digging out gets under my skin.

Snow really is possessive, isn't it? (I'm saying this to ALL of us, really)

Every time I complain when I'm mixing and others are snowing, I think of you first. I know there have been MULTIPLE storms over the past 10-15 years when you got a fraction of what I got. I also think of the Pittsburgh gang as well - they haven't had a double digit snowstorm in years. I've been incredibly blessed with some monster storms over the years.

But tomorrow, when I'm watching others "cash" in while I'm not...it still stings. Snow has a way of making us become very selfish and possessive. 

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I think the worst for me is when three quarters of the forum is "puking snow" and I'm looking at "pixie dust". I can handle being on the warm side and it being a rainer while it's snowing elsewhere. Getting a leaf blower storm while 30 miles away their digging out gets under my skin.

I told you 2 days ago that you were sitting in the catbird seat, and with the progged path, and deathband that likely comes with it.....I'm standing my ground.  You may not "win" but you'll definately be on the podium. #winning

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Seeing the NWS 12'' probs and Carlisle at 71% is pretty stout and something rare to a weather weenies eyeball around here.  Just think about that.  Hell, I'm at 54% and giddy about it.  

I don't "follow" him, but I read his posts all the time. Tremendous amount of respect for him. He's honking loudly for the 15/81 corridor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Yes!!! Loving the meltdown in the MA thread. Truly hilarious. 

Its been a rough year for me healthwise, so I've decided to cut out undue stress.....I'm staying out of there (unless i really really have to).  Right now I'm happy right where i am.

Gonna be a fun week, and fwiw, looking beyond on the GFS op, you could see a resurgence of the trough in the east next weekend w/ a shortwave in the pipeline.  We may have snow on the ground for a while.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

I told you 2 days ago that you were sitting in the catbird seat, and with the progged path, and deathband that likely comes with it.....I'm standing my ground.  You may not "win" but you'll definately be on the podium. #winning

Oh yeah, I believe this is going to be a good one! I was speaking of past (and likely future) storms where I sit on the gradient from hell...lol

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Every time I complain when I'm mixing and others are snowing, I think of you first. I know there have been MULTIPLE storms over the past 10-15 years when you got a fraction of what I got. I also think of the Pittsburgh gang as well - they haven't had a double digit snowstorm in years. I've been incredibly blessed with some monster storms over the years.

But tomorrow, when I'm watching others "cash" in while I'm not...it still stings. Snow has a way of making us become very selfish and possessive. 

Yes it is. No matter how much we get, we want more, and even if we get clocked by one storm, we'll still be po'd if the next one misses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Trust me, we are hoping to get 6 inches out of this, though I don’t mind you guys getting crushed. It is why the MA forum just ticks me off....DC has had multiple foot plus storm the last decade yet if they get a storm that is 4-8 inches they all lose their mind...and he’ll I’d take a nice 4-8 warning level event. 

People tend to look At Pittsburgh’s 40-50 inches a year, and think we get a lot of nice storms, but the reality is it is about 15 trace to 2 inch type events which as I get older I’d almost rather it not snow.

• Like 1

Just now, KPITSnow said:

Trust me, we are hoping to get 6 inches out of this, though I don’t mind you guys getting crushed. It is why the MA forum just ticks me off....DC has had multiple foot plus storm the last decade yet if they get a storm that is 4-8 inches they all lose their mind...and he’ll I’d take a nice 4-8 warning level event. 

People tend to look At Pittsburgh’s 40-50 inches a year, and think we get a lot of nice storms, but the reality is it is about 15 trace to 2 inch type events which as I get older I’d almost rather it not snow.

This is sort of how I feel about some in the NYC thread...they've been absolutely mauled many times in recent memory. I remember a storm a couple of years ago where they only got about 18"...models had them getting 24"-30". The meltdowns over 18" (I got 0") was mind=boggling to me. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

What is his twitter handle? I always like finding good guys to follow.