• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

I don't believe Middletown or any of the previous location of the weather station have ever recorded a day with more than 10" of snow in December. As depicted this event is almost on the scale of what tropical storm Lee did to the swatera creek in 2011

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Hey y’all, I just wanted to thank you guys for verifying I am not the only completely insane person around. My wife and I were discussing possibly moving. One of my arguments for staying was the fact that we are on a north facing hill. Good for snow preservation and weather viewing.(I got a dirty look but it’s how I feel!) You guys were discussing things like this a couple weeks ago. Things like piling snow up, mowing the grass short etc. I just did my last mow for the big storm(maybe). Another strategy I have for larger snow piles is shoveling instead of using the snow blower. If I must use the blower, keep the shoot down low and never use salt before the storm. This is the view from the top of my property, very NW tip of Lancaster county.(Elizabethtown)

6C8D2F5D-875B-4A49-8A16-787D8D725C9E.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I don't believe Middletown or any of the previous location of the weather station have ever recorded a day with more than 10" of snow in December. As depicted this event is almost on the scale of what tropical storm Lee did to the swatera creek in 2011

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

I feel like Christmas  ‘02 would have been as I was there (Unless you mean physical calendar day which I’m not sure)

27 minutes ago, JTrout said:

Hey y’all, I just wanted to thank you guys for verifying I am not the only completely insane person around. My wife and I were discussing possibly moving. One of my arguments for staying was the fact that we are on a north facing hill. Good for snow preservation and weather viewing.(I got a dirty look but it’s how I feel!) You guys were discussing things like this a couple weeks ago. Things like piling snow up, mowing the grass short etc. I just did my last mow for the big storm(maybe). Another strategy I have for larger snow piles is shoveling instead of using the snow blower. If I must use the blower, keep the shoot down low and never use salt before the storm. This is the view from the top of my property, very NW tip of Lancaster county.(Elizabethtown)

6C8D2F5D-875B-4A49-8A16-787D8D725C9E.jpeg

As a Meteorologist by degree I think you have a prime spot. As a (now) Realtor in LancCo, you definitely have a prime spot. 

Win-win for you either way!