Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

18 minutes ago, canderson said:

It means every hour is happy hour. Remember as indoor dining is closed until early January, takeout is open and a great option. Support your local eateries!

Absolutely, I eat from local restaurants at least once a week. I still miss the social aspect of talking sports at the bar.

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Absolutely, I eat from local restaurants at least once a week. I still miss the social aspect of talking sports at the bar.

The real sadness are the employees at these restaurants that a couple of weeks before Christmas many don't have a job and these restaurants were given no time to prepare for this, buying food to cook for the weekend and next week. This Governor?.  You can certainly go to a grocery store  for an hour not social distancing but cannot sit a table at a restaurant, I guess COVID knows where and when to attack. Anyways back to the weather. My one non weather post cannot wait for 0z!

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We can’t totally write off the chance for an appetizer event on Monday. There is still a chance that we should keep our eyes on.

Don't want to get too greedy haha. Yea this Monday event could catch far southern tier but honestly I think i'd rather that stay out of the way and not end up somewhat deeper and slower as this 17th system has better potential to be a big C-PA wide event. I know I personally don't want to see something more suppressed or a forum dividing type deal out of something which could dump a good bit of snow given the setup being presented. 

If you look at the Euro's 12z ensemble mean at MDT, there's some members that get a snow event Monday. Those particular members subsequently are ones that show little or no snow for the 17th. Hard to tell with the 18z ensemble that only goes to 144 where the 17th event is just getting into, but you can sort of see the same general theme. 

12z Run

ecmwf-ensemble-KMDT-indiv_snow_24-7601600.thumb.png.6e59026ce9b4947568dced1df8396ac1.png

18z Run

ecmwf-ensemble-KMDT-indiv_snow_24-7623200.thumb.png.5fc1c15e6825bc8082e217f9fe2b69f1.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Accuweather.com sounding the alarm for "potential blockbuster." These chips are getting heavy already...

21 minutes ago, paweather said:

LOL...I know social media so called weather sites are all over today with the propaganda about this event already. 

I was just looking back and I haven't had a snowfall greater than 2 inches since March 3, 2019. So heck yea, count me all in on Tom,Dick, and Harry WX's 20-40" inch snow forecast lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@MAG5035 I was going to ask that very question - I read earlier today that we should really be rooting for a miss on Monday to set Wednesday up better. Thanks for answering and affirming that. I want no part of Monday if it hinders the follow up wave. 

Great post @MAG5035

I also want no part of Monday if it takes anything away from the great potential of the Wednesday storm!

However, could we in the southeast part of CTP get away with just 1 or 2 measly inches of snow on Monday, and still get blasted with heavy snow on Wednesday...asking for a friend!

Storm's back on the Canadian at 0z although it only really catches the LSV below the turnpike. More of an I-95 storm, especially in the Mid-Atlantic region. This kind of represents my biggest fear with this storm potential given the magnitude of the -NAO being forecast. Certainly much more so than a cutter or mixer. 

Lol, well the 0z Euro not only got some light snow into PA with Monday's storm.. but still crushes the I-81, US 15, and back to the I-99 corridor in central/eastern PA. Western PA more involved with at least 2-3" for Pittsburgh and surrounding SW PA. Some mixing in Lancaster Co. with an accumulation gradient NW-SE in the county. Def quite amped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Lol, well the 0z Euro not only got some light snow into PA with Monday's storm.. but still crushes the I-81, US 15, and back to the I-99 corridor in central/eastern PA. Western PA more involved with at least 2-3" for Pittsburgh and surrounding SW PA. Some mixing in Lancaster Co. with an accumulation gradient NW-SE in the county. Def quite amped. 

That’s my plan!

Small appetizer on Monday...then the feast on Wednesday!

9 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

I was just looking back and I haven't had a snowfall greater than 2 inches since March 3, 2019. So heck yea, count me all in on Tom,Dick, and Harry WX's 20-40" inch snow forecast lol. 

Your starting to sound like us "mortals"...sorry we did that to you :P

I'd take a blended look of 0z EPS and 6z GFS and call it a great day.  That would get ALL of the subforum in play.  If LSV can eek out an appetizer and sloppy whatevs for part 2, I'd be down w/ that to see you guys in true CTP (and even our KPIT lurker brethren) in the game.  I'm not greedy.  

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_22.png

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I'd take the Euro and call it a day. Give me snow and then ice on top. Staying power. 

If the R/S line were about 25 miles SE of 0z Euro, i'd agree.  You and I both know how we do w/ big storms in the LSV.  Fortunately, CMC and GFS being on the southern side gives a little wiggle room for further corrections as goalposts start to narrow.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

My good luck by going to bed before the EURO because while I was up nothing was looking good. Thanks Mag!