Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 4th-5th, 2020 Nor'easter

wdrag

1 minute ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Well, there's an SE wind at ACK, the latest ERC is almost complete ;) and it looks like the center is gonna go right up Buzzards Bay :)

Cool feature on the radar:

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=OKX-N0Q-1-48-100-usa-rad

Oops, wrong season.  But do loop that radar over the past 3 or 4 hours.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s over anywhere west of central Suffolk. The highest terrain out there must have snow mixed in with that deform band. That would be 2-4” an hour if it were colder 

the sun is starting to come out here now too.  They weren't kidding with the 1 PM end time for us.

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

the sun is starting to come out here now too.  They weren't kidding with the 1 PM end time for us.

I’ll answer you here from the other post. Yes there were mangled flaked mixed in when I was leaving my apt. I’m just south of the southern state on Franklin ave.  Not the worst snow spot on the island. Probably right on the rain snow line in some marginal events. I actually witnessed that last winter with one event were I had an inch at the apt and there was only a dusting at the train station. It can be that tight at times. 

• Thanks 1

Winds past 3 hrs: max G 

KGON: Groton/New London, CT, United States [40kt, 21m/s]

KMQE: East Milton, MA, United States [40kt, 21m/s]

KMTP: Montauk, Montauk Airport, NY, United States [40kt, 21m/s]

KPVC: Provincetown, MA, United States [43kt, 22m/s]

KPVD: Providence, RI, United States [40kt, 21m/s]

KPYM: Plymouth, MA, United States [49kt, 25m/s]

KUUU: Newport, Newport State Airport, RI, United States [40kt, 21m/s]

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I’ll answer you here from the other post. Yes there were mangled flaked mixed in when I was leaving my apt. I’m just south of the southern state on Franklin ave.  Not the worst snow spot on the island. Probably right on the rain snow line in some marginal events. I actually witnessed that last winter with one event were I had an inch at the apt and there was only a dusting at the train station. It can be that tight at times. 

Long Island is weird with all these transition zones.  Sometimes you get more snow on the south shore, sometimes less.  In the huge historic storms, the south shore seems to get more snow.  I'm just south of Peninsula Blvd, so a bit closer to the ocean than you, but I too have seen marginal events where it was snowing here (5"!) and JM was getting rain in Long Beach lol.  That was an event during the 2009-10 winter.  I remember JM was seeing red when he was seeing white just to his north by about 2 miles lol.

7 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

I grew up in Lindenhurst and can confirm that, for some odd reason, we always seemed to perform well when it came to winds.  No idea why though (guessing it's something geographical).

I don't think he was questioning it.  FRG gusted to 36 mph and ISP gusted to 44 mph. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

I don't think he was questioning it.  FRG gusted to 36 mph and ISP gusted to 44 mph. 

Oh no I didn't take it that way either!  I was only wondering if my fellow Lindy native had any insight as to why we always did well with winds.

Sorry if that came across the wrong way.

• Like 1