• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discobs 2020

George BM

While it's a bit unclear how much precip will linger immediately behind the front (for a brief period of sleet or snow early Christmas morning in the DC metro area), there may be more hope for a period of snow showers during Christmas Day as the upper trough axis swings through, and low-level lapse rates steepen.    There is a very weak signal in the NAM nest, but there is a smack-you-in-the-face-with-a-small-snowball signal in the 18z HRRR.      

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Surprised there's not more action in here . A very dynamic 24 to 36 hours lining up.  Hrrr 18z also is a flooding rain event for many with 3-5" numerous locals verbatim.  Still snowpack here . Icon lays down 5 inch rain amounts in Pa where 15-30" fell past week . 

Yep, this is definitely not your run of the mill cold front. Much prefer this over boring weather. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
On 12/23/2020 at 8:53 AM, leesburg 04 said:

I'm just waiting for the usual suspects to chime in that the temp drop along the front is starting to not look too impressive. 40's on Christmas!!!

Pretty much nailed this one as well...saw a few and even some today 

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
3 hours ago, wxtrix said:

a low of 15 which i think is the coldest so far this winter.

I meant to add the other day that I learned the cooking process really keeps going once you take the prime rib out of the oven.  Came out at 115 and thought I was good..20mins later 123...then the sear adds a few more degrees...next time I  will take out at 110.  The ends were solid medium so almost a disaster.  Middle was perfecto! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Snow pack lasted over 8 days here which is the longest stretch probably since 09 for Dec  and even then it warmed quickly after that HECS . Snow piles in many places though currently . There really hasn't been a torch all December that I recall and now Fri which was supposed to be 57 -60 could be upper 30s for highs .

I bet you see at least 50 on Friday.

• Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic