• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discobs 2020

George BM

Unpopular personal opinion: It seems that we are dealing with anomalously warm ocean waters into late December more and more. I am not sure this is a normal cyclic thing or part of climate change (I happen to believe the latter), but if this persists we are going to have to learn to accept more mixing events and savor the rare cold powder storms. It seems that our winter climo is really changing for the worse in these parts for snow lovers over the past 20 years. 

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Unpopular personal opinion: It seems that we are dealing with anomalously warm ocean waters into late December more and more. I am not sure this is a normal cyclic thing or part of climate change (I happen to believe the latter), but if this persists we are going to have to learn to accept more mixing events and savor the rare cold powder storms. It seems that our winter climo is really changing for the worse in these parts for snow lovers over the past 20 years. 

Ive lived here and tracked weather for over 50 years.  And I totally agree with this 100%. Without a doubt our winters

are becoming warmer and less snowy.   Noting scientific, just years and years of observation.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Echoing the comments, not a fan of the new nws site. And for the life of me, I can’t get the radar to load.

In fairness. They were forced to change since Flash is being phased out. It appears they shot for a big change instead of a lateral one. 

Real light snow going on out here now. I hope it comes east for you guys. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic