Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discobs 2020

George BM

13 hours ago, Ji said:

the luckiest guy in the word is @PhineasC. I heard he moved out of this hellhole to New England where he probably is still complaining 

I believe he lives in both places, perhaps as a reverse snowbird. He’s in his beautiful mountain side home home expecting 2 “ liquid equivalent, all frozen. Check the NE forum he posts well and frequently. As always ....

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Assuming 10-1 ratios, that’s 0.02” frozen out of 75.23”.

0.026% of all the total precip if I did the math correctly.

Going through my records, my liquid total that day was 0.25” (which included melted snow + rain). I believe that event started as snow then changed over, but I can’t remember the details.

5 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

Ah yes... that final turn at snowshoe. You see that and realize you’re there. (I don’t like the car ride...)

Yes, that is what I call the 'back way' in. Coming from the east up from Cass. Last time I was thru there in the Monte they were working on 66, cutting back the rocks on those two sharp turns.

51 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Yes, that is what I call the 'back way' in. Coming from the east up from Cass. Last time I was thru there in the Monte they were working on 66, cutting back the rocks on those two sharp turns.

66 is back to being opened.  All rocks been cut back!

Yeah, from DC, gotta go through Cass.  Most do come from the other side since a lot of visitors are coming from the south.

59 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

Ah yes... that final turn at snowshoe. You see that and realize you’re there. (I don’t like the car ride...)

Try that turn with snow falling...lol.  If you have traction control on your AWD/4WD, turn it OFF!  You need the momentum, regardless if wheels are spinning.  Trust me....learned the hard way.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic