Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2020

George BM

35 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

I actually feel bad for anyone that actually has to go to work these days.. 

I actually despise working from home.  I am unable to do half of what I need to, and the half I can technically do online is much less efficient because of network issues and difficulties in communicating with coworkers.  I go in as often as possible.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I actually despise working from home.  I am unable to do half of what I need to, and the half I can technically do online is much less efficient because of network issues and difficulties in communicating with coworkers.  I go in as often as possible.

yeah me too actually.. its awful.. I work part-time for this one company and I do a daily status call where everyone on the project is supposed to report progress.. there are 45 people on the call.. only me and another part time guy actually report a status.. noone else says anything.

I have confirmed that all of them are 100% on my project.. but I have no clue who they are and they definitely dont do anything. 

So this whole WFH thing has really proven that the Government is committing fraud by collecting tax money and giving it to people to attend a couple of meetings everyday.

12 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I go off the board for four hours, come back, and find that PSU has canceled winter...forever. We are Jacksonville now, apparently?

Someone snipped and quoted a post of his, if what you’re referring to is what I think it is. Not really a good way to have gone about it - really was taken out of context.

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Someone snipped and quoted a post of his, if what you’re referring to is what I think it is. Not really a good way to have gone about it - really was taken out of context.

I assumed North Balti Zen was being tongue-in-cheek.  It was made abundantly clear that PSU did not consider that outcome to be likely.

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

You where the NAM is trying to lay down the fun band?

Yessir! GFSv16 is doing the same thing and NAM nest was about to do the same thing as the NAM. RGEM laid it down too. This trend is undeniable. Whoever gets this deformation axis will likely hit 8-12"+. The lift is off the charts. Triple closed ULL over the Big Bend is textbook for historic snowfalls down here. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yessir! GFSv16 is doing the same thing and NAM nest was about to do the same thing as the NAM. RGEM laid it down too. This trend is undeniable. Whoever gets this deformation axis will likely hit 8-12"+. The lift is off the charts. Triple closed ULL over the Big Bend is textbook for historic snowfalls down here. 

What snowfall rates are you anticipating in your region should this band develop? Any chance at thundersnow? 

What snowfall rates are you anticipating in your region should this band develop? Any chance at thundersnow? 

Still unknown, 1-2”/hr are a pretty good guess. Current Top CIPS analog for the time frame is January 9th, 2012 which is one of our biggest all time snowfalls with widespread 5-10”. The kicker with this one is the ULL forecast is stronger than what was produced with that storm. This is 3 closed contour 5H with 552dm max. That storm was 2 closed to the SE at 555dm. This one has the potential to be more potent. Whoever is just to the north of the 7H low will ultimately see very heavy snowfall for several hrs. Right now, it’s near or just south of the I-20 corridor from Monahans to Big Spring, TX down to Fort Stockton. It’s going to be close. Someone is going to see a crazy snowstorm. Thunder will be possible under the ULL for sure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

UK getting some decent snow the past few days. My friend who lives outside Manchester is getting snowed on now. Pretty good pattern for them going forward. They can do much better than usual when there is a NA block.

Well there's the UK and MW getting snow to answer part of HM's question of when was the last time the UK, MA/NE and MW all had good snow years. Looks like the MA is the turd in the punchbowl once again

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

20-30 days is my bar....if things don't look like they are trending right by January 20th i'm  going to go cut down Ji's tree in his front yard and burn it.

The more I think about this, if we wait 20-30 more days i'm pretty confident Ji will have already cut down and burned his tree. In fact he will probably have done his best to burn down Americanwx

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Here's my bold prediction for the rest of the winter

Dec 29th through Jan 28th

IAD 1"

BWI 1"

DCA 0

January 29th through Feb 10th 

IAD 11"

BWI 10"

DCA 2"

Feb 11th through March 21st

IAD 1"

BWI 0.8"

DCA 0

You mean we typically get bigger snowfall in February? Who knew :) I feel like the running joke around here for so long was that we never got good snows in early/mid January and to not sweat it if it didn't perform.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic