Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2020

George BM

On 12/25/2020 at 2:17 PM, Maestrobjwa said:

Sending Merry Christmas blessings to all of you! Be careful not to let any snow worries cloud this special day...bask in the hope and joy of Christmas (yes, believe it or not, it is there even in a year like this). God bless! :santa:

Seeing that my lower back went out on me (again!) right on Christmas Eve, at this point I could give f*ck-all about how many cutters we get in the next couple of weeks! :D That's not really aimed at you, just a convenient place to throw that in there!  Sucks...I've had semi-chronic issues with the lower back for several years, a lot of that my fault by lifting things the wrong way without paying attention, that sort of thing (use your knees more when lifting, and tighten your core, dammit!!  LOL!).  Then all it takes is one little move when it's somewhat weakened by such activities, and...*wham!!** it essentially charley-horses on me and takes a couple or so days to "un-knot" itself.  So yeah, I should be more cognizant of how I lift things, and I'm reminded that I should keep up with the exercises I should be doing to keep it in decent shape!  But...that all said, that did not ruin the holiday for me!! :)

Oh, and I agree with you...even in a year such as this, there is some joy at this time of year all the same, and hope for the upcoming year!  Part of the Holiday music listening included a CD we have called "Festival of Carols", a compilation of Christmas carols as conducted by Robert Shaw (thought you would appreciate that!)...perhaps my favorite!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is just an observation, and it isn’t directed at a particular individual or subforum, but it looks like we (collective we) are far more invested in what happens this winter season than any other I’ve seen in recent memory. 

Reaper bit aside, I hope we’re able to produce because I don’t want to see what these subforums look like if we’re strung along. 

Does feel like we are little on edge yet pretending we’re not lol.

If we do strike out this year, I hope we can remember the times last year where we said we just wished we had something to discuss. Least it’s not super boring and we have few survivors left to provide play by play. Rip to those we lost last winter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toolsheds said:

If the ravens win out, they still might not make the playoffs.  Last night would have been a big help, but hopefully Bofalo beats Miami next weekend.  

I don't see the Steelers beating the colts or Cleveland next weekend. 

The way the Steelers have been playing, they would have trouble beating the Jaguars.

Buffalo might not need that game next week, and would probably rest players.

The Ravens just need take care of their business, and let the chips fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toolsheds said:

If the ravens win out, they still might not make the playoffs.  Last night would have been a big help, but hopefully Bofalo beats Miami next weekend.  

I don't see the Steelers beating the colts or Cleveland next weekend. 

I give it about a 15% chance of that happening.  The teams they are worried about (Cleveland, Miami, Indy) would all have to collectively go 6-0 in the last two weeks against tough schedules.. 

It pains me to say this but I think that there is a bigger chance that the Ravens trip up in the last two games..

24 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

I give it about a 15% chance of that happening.  The teams they are worried about (Cleveland, Miami, Indy) would all have to collectively go 6-0 in the last two weeks against tough schedules.. 

It pains me to say this but I think that there is a bigger chance that the Ravens trip up in the last two games..

I agree.  The Ravens are playing well, but they need a lot of help too. 

Even if Pittsburgh loses the last 2, they also have the tiebreaker with the 2 HTH wins.  At least we should be able to root for the WTFs. 

On another note, all 3 of my kids are starting hoops soon.  The two in HS are scheduled to have their first game on Jan 6th.  The one in college starts official practice Jan 4 and should have a game schedule starting with conference play in Feb.  

I will say that both the High School and D3 programs are taking the proper measures to ensure the kids are safe and practicing social distancing.  No parents are allowed to watch the HS games, but all of them are going to be streamed to watch live.  I'm lucky in that I'm clock guy, so I get to be there for my senior's games. :-)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic