Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2020

George BM

42 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

What kind ?  Oil,gas,heat pump 

Hopefully you can wait till to tomorrow to call service. Because tonight would cost big coin. Got any supplemental heat , plug in heaters?

Gas boiler. We have homeowners warranty, so it's a co-pay, but no one is coming out tonite. Extra blankets is order of the day. 

Wow, after a day of relative bliss for Christmas, the tension in the Jan Med/LR is getting deep and thick.  Looking like the Reaper is going to be very busy if the models don't lock onto something soon, and keep it locked in right up to some sort of payday.  The terse replies and sharp elbows are testimony as to why so many have departed the forum.  

I hate it when people tell other people how to feel. We got shit here in balt city. Just shit. It was cold, so, yay?  If there's an event, we tend to miss it. There was an event for a LOT of people in 13 states, and much of the area, but not...here. So don't tell me that I have to be SUPER GRATEFUL YIPEEE for five minute of flurries that I could count as they fell. Jeebus. Just mind your own backyard. 

Just now, mattie g said:

Also, this time last week we had well-respected posters honking on the upcoming look. Now it’s a dumpster fire. What’s it going to be this time next week?

Stay tuned...

Some of us don't honk. We just state what the current guidance is depicting, add a little context, and speculate a bit.

Ofc I am probably not a well respected poster, so no one really cares what I say.:lol:

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

54 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Some of us don't honk. We just state what the current guidance is depicting, add a little context, and speculate a bit.

Ofc I am probably not a well respected poster, so no one really cares what I say.:lol:

You lost the “respect” when you dropped the “.” In your name.  :guitar:

Whatcha drinking?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is just an observation, and it isn’t directed at a particular individual or subforum, but it looks like we (collective we) are far more invested in what happens this winter season than any other I’ve seen in recent memory. 

Reaper bit aside, I hope we’re able to produce because I don’t want to see what these subforums look like if we’re strung along. 

This is blasphemous for this forum, and I’m not looking to be reaped, but getting decent weather for outdoor activities this winter would not upset me. For most of us on the forum, snow and cold is great weather, but we are not the norm.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

No doubt that plenty have just been observing and commenting, but I feel like the “bad” looks draw a lot more doom-and-gloom observations than do good looks get “it’s happening” ones.

Of course, that’s pretty much driven by the absolutely shite years we’ve had recently - recency bias and the associated gun shy-ness, so I get it. I’m just being a smartass more than anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Well put me in the group that says “suck it” to any posters here that don’t have respect for your posts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

I had to take you off ignore to figure out what you said.  

CAPE = Crappy Ass Posts Everywhere

:P :D

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic