SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2020

George BM

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Happy birthday! All downhill from here! :oldman:

:P 

Thank you (I think :lol:) Haha Well, as far as the biological, physical peak is concerned speaking, that ain't completely wrong!! (Look at how soon after 30 we start callin' pro athletes "aging"). But hey, good thing that's just for athletic things!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodhi Cove said:

Ha! 

Not at all. 30's & 40's are the BEST. 

Then everything starts falling apart at 50.

Or so I've heard...:weep:

And I have heard 30s and 40s are indeed some of the best...

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

:) 

Whether you’re 13, 39, or 93, each day is a blessing. Even better if many of those days include snow! 

Indeed! Give thanks for each day, and when ya hit a new birthday, give even more thanks! (because there's probably plenty of stuff in between that coulda done you in but didn't, lol)

And yes...snow days? All the better! Count those blessings too (and be careful not to be too picky about how it comes)

• Like 1

I just want to leave you all with this very special song.. one that reminds us all just how lucky we are.  Merry Christmas everyone!

There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear
Where the only water flowing
Is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring
There are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you
And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life
Where nothing ever grows
No rain nor rivers flow
Do they know it's Christmas time at all?

• Like 1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! 

Hope 2021 brings everyone on our humble planet a break from the trials of 2020. For all on the forum, safe travels if you venture onto the highways.  

May early 2021 bring the proverbial MECS that all models sniff out a week in advance, lock onto and are unwavering right until the event unfolds and we're all out enjoying the solitude of a Jebwalk.  May everyone in the MA get dumped on to their hearts content to provide the much needed "fix" we all desperately need for this cursed hobby (to some) and profession (the red taggers).  

Henceforth may all banger stay in Banter and may I get more than the normal lump of coal.  Although, considering the events of 2020, I'd be happy with that.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Well it doesn’t snow on June 25th either so...

Yeah. I've given up tryin to figure out 2021. Summer weather in the winter then it gets colder until it starts snowing once we get into meteorological summer. :arrowhead:

In all seriousness though, Merry Christmas to you. :santa:

• Like 1

It’s been a busy morning here preparing the treats for delivery this weekend to family and friends. The pistachio-cranberry biscotti is finished, but still need to bake the white chocolate and macadamia nut biscotti. It’s not Mrs. Jones’ kitchen, but they are good with morning coffee. Merry Christmas all!

image.jpeg.2e09c7aa0cfd39e64530320606a451a3.jpeg

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looks good!  Do I spy some bitters in the background for an old fashioned?  

Good eye! ;) 

Although old fashioned’s are awesome, I've been doing Manhattans pretty regularly using Bulleit Rye. I use rye because the spicy notes go well with the sweet vermouth, and Bulleit because it’s pretty good and I can get the super-size bottles reasonably priced!

Oh, and the jar of Luxardo cherries are a must. I buy them by the bulk and jar them with my vacuum sealer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I mean, was Kirk even in the top 20 of our problems today?

I don't hate the offense so much. Kendricks, Hunter, Barr, that nose tackle who decided not to play this year all missing on D. I didn't know half those guys out there...pretty sure I saw two of them bagging groceries last week. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic