Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Already seeing posts in the main thread from folks moving on into mid January. Deja vu. But alas, all we need is just a little patience and potential.

dude those same people were canceling winter in August. Don't forget some were hanging their hat on it being mild now only to get colder later...basically everyone has been wrong about how winter was supposed to go up to now and I suspect the wrongers will continue to be wrong but will try their best to show signs that they will be right. You included :hurrbear::P

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Really curious to see the results of that prime rib, @BristowWx! I’ve never cooked one before, but if I did I’d probably go low and slow and then reverse sear on the Big Green Egg.

Wife whipped up a bunch of cookies yesterday and presents were prepped last night, so today will be about the kitchen for me. Will be making my lobster bisque, as well as getting brioche dough together. Will also be prepping various appetizer-type dishes for tonight’s “apps and scraps” dinner.

Probably looking at T-minus 6 hours until first beer...

Merry Christmas Eve!  I gotta admit I’m nervous about it.  Mostly the sear part of it.  The slow cook at 200ish should be fine. Christmas meal and the pressure is on.  Today is just turkey.  Ez pz. Lobster bisque is no easy task either I’m sure.  But that is an all time favorite of mine.  I’d come over for a bowl but I will probably be snowed in from the mega front. 

Went under contract on a 45 acre piece of land along the Rockfish River in Nelson County yesterday. 5 acres of meadow and 1000' of frontage on the river then an approx. 200' climb to a flat wooded bluff. The best part of the property though is a USGS gage is adjacent to the land just downstream. Someday far in the future will get my own weather station on the land to go along with the river gage.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SilentTalkie said:

Went under contract on a 45 acre piece of land along the Rockfish River in Nelson County yesterday. 5 acres of meadow and 1000' of frontage on the river then an approx. 200' climb to a flat wooded bluff. The best part of the property though is a USGS gage is adjacent to the land just downstream. Someday far in the future will get my own weather station on the land to go along with the river gage.

Sounds nice!  Congrats.

Well folks...by the grace of God, I cross the threshold to age 30 today! Very thankful and looking forward to where He takes me this decade :). And I don't mind the weather too much today because I consider the snow last week that came on Beethoven's 250th as an early birthday present above...that was an awesome day too!

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Well folks...by the grace of God, I cross the threshold to age 30 today! Very thankful and looking forward to where He takes me this decade :). And I don't mind the weather too much today because I consider the snow last week that came on Beethoven's 250th as an early birthday present above...that was an awesome day too!

Awesome!  Time to blast some number nine when the squalls come through! :D

Although I'm def a fan of Ludwid, I must say nothing quite sets the stage for expecting a fortissimo of wind blast like Mussorgrsky's Bydlo from Pictures at An Exhibition! :D

‘‘Twas the night before Christmas and all across the net, Ji was trolling cause the latest GFS was nothing but wet. 
Meanwhile the snow weenies readied for bed, hoping soon their winter dreams would be fed.  

Pictures of h5 plots with lots of high latitude red, played all night like a fantasy in their head.  

They told Ji to relax as he went full tilt to the max. That even though the operational was wetter, don’t worry the ensembles will look better.  

But Stormtracker knew our climo wasn’t a good bet, so he thought it over and decided to jet. But he’ll be back soon and we’ll all be together, to celebrate the blocking and our snowy January weather.  

The strat warm is coming and it will do the trick, by mid January flakes will be falling and things should get epic.  

So I say to you my friends as we wait for the pattern to get right, Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

18z GFS continues the cutter parade.

"It isnt reading the blocking properly"

"The pattern is just beginning to get established as is evident by hr 384"

"The impulse that will kickstart the wintry pattern is out over the Pacific still"

"It's an off-hour run"

"But as long as the Euro shows something at day 10 the GFS is likely out to lunch"

"GFS isn't realizing the strength of the SWE down in the trop yet"

7 minutes ago, mattie g said:

BCBS is so good every year. 2020 is awesome, unsurprisingly.

Dropped Jolly by Crooked Run earlier, then followed up with a couple double/triple IPAs. Maybe a good idea, maybe not, but I don’t care either way!

Just found two 2019s of BCBS in my beer cellar.  So I'm going with one of those next (almost went with 2019 FW Parabola, but I only have one)

Pants optional Christmas Eve here in my household.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic