Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Gotta have a little faith, dude...we win out, I am almost sure one of the other games will go our way. Think about it...the other teams ahead of us would have to win out as well. Not impossible...but I'm not sure of how probable it is. Besides, we've been through too much to go out like that...I think we get something to go our way.

There are only 2 games left lol. The Ravens have the "easiest" schedule, so there is that.

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That's what I'm saying though...do the Browns, Colts, AND Miami win their last 2 games? (for the Browns 3 games since they haven't played yet) Not impossible...but it can't be that probable either!

Ravens have the tiebreaker over the Browns and Colts. Both teams are playing very well though and Colts could win their division still. If that happens, the Titans would be competition for a playoff spot, and they beat the Ravens. Miami has to play at the Saints the final game of the season. So yeah, lots of possible outcomes. The Ravens need to take care of business and let the chips fall. I just hope they aren't the 3rd 11-5 team in NFL history to not make the playoffs.:yikes:

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Ravens have the tiebreaker over the Browns and Colts. Both teams are playing very well though and Colts could win their division still. If that happens, the Titans would be competition for a playoff spot, and they beat the Ravens. Miami has to play at the Saints the final game of the season. So yeah, lots of possible outcomes. The Ravens need to take care of business and let the chips fall. I just hope they aren't the 3rd 11-5 team in NFL history to not make the playoffs.:yikes:

They would obviously be the first with 3 wild card teams. When the Broncos missed the playoffs there were only 5 playoff teams. 

32 minutes ago, CAPE said:

And that's where gotta have a little faith :) I cannot see us going through we've been through the last month, and taking care of business on our end, and it just ends like that. I think we'll have something go in our favor!

2 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Cool!  Our time there at GT may have even overlapped it appears (completed my Ph.D. in 1999, was in the area from 1994-2001).  I think I know that bar/restaurant you're referring to right on Piedmont Park, but offhand cannot recall the name.  Probably changed hands since then anyhow.  I used to live close to that shopping plaza near the corner of Monroe and 8th St., some interesting places there at the time.  Also liked the Virginia Highlands area.  I haven't been back  in many years (too long, I should visit again!), but still have a couple of friends I'm in touch with regularly.  We used to get some damn fine martinis over at the Highland Tap (in the VA Highlands area)!

We definitely overlapped, LOL!  Nice! I may have been banned at highland tap after an unfortunate bachelor party (we went back to re-live our youth in 2005), things went sideways, we ended up at Cheetah 3, we somehow lost the bachelor.   Love me some highlands.  I have bunches of HS and GT friends still in the area, last of the family left years ago.  Need to take my son to a football game sometime post COVID!

10 hours ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Had a beautiful hike in the remnants of the snow on the Billy Goat trail yesterday :)

I thought about doing billy goat recently but probably would do B or C.  I don't know about those rocks/cliff on A when it's slick lol (i'm assuming that section is closed).  great spot, though.  blockhouse point is sneaky good, too.  tried that one over the summer.  it's not technical, but it hits the c and o which adds some flavor to it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

WFT clinches the 4th seed in the playoffs next week and plays a home playoff game if:

WFT WIN AND NYG LOSS

(Dallas loses head to head tiebreaker with WFT so their game doesn't matter if WFT wins vs CAR... NYG plays the Ravens next week)

:lmao:

And then they beat Brady in the snow at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m looking forward to my extended afternoons :lol:

I don’t need to tell you this, but that’s already been happening. It might surprise some to learn that although this is the “shortest” day of the year, the sunsets have been getting later for about the past two weeks. But that has been offset by the sunrises which have also been getting later. Sunrises continue to get later and later until early January (perihelion), but after today, the difference in sunrise times is no longer at a bigger difference than sunset times.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/12/the-astronomical-hijinks-of-the-shortest-day-of-the-year/282109/

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic