Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2020

George BM

22 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

This will go down as the worst winter storm ever for me... I say this with a heavy heart.. earlier today my son took our Great Dane out to play in the snow... as he was galloping through the snow he collapsed and suddenly died.. he was extremely healthy.. it makes no sense.. I had to put him in the car in the front yard and take him to the vet to get him cremated.. 

It happened in front of all the neighbors... I feel like this isnt real or something...

That’s awful. Sorry for you and the family. Losing a pet isn’t easy.

24 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

This will go down as the worst winter storm ever for me... I say this with a heavy heart.. earlier today my son took our Great Dane out to play in the snow... as he was galloping through the snow he collapsed and suddenly died.. he was extremely healthy.. it makes no sense.. I had to put him in the car in the front yard and take him to the vet to get him cremated.. 

It happened in front of all the neighbors... I feel like this isnt real or something...

Sorry for your Loss, I understand the difficulty in losing a friend.

38 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

Oh my. I am so sorry to hear this. You will be in all of our thoughts.

Unbelievably sorry to hear that. I’ll keep you in my thoughts.

47 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.

47 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

Ah sh*t, man, I’m so incredibly sorry. They’re such an integral part of our families...to lose them suddenly is so hard.

1 hour ago, 40westwx said:

Shit man, that’s terrible. Sorry to hear. Thinking of you and your kid 

Oh man! I am so sorry. Having had that happen to one of my dogs, I sadly know the feeling. As Mappy just said, thinking of you and your kid.

OH I am so sorry to hear this! Losing a pet under normal circumstances is hard, this has to be the worst. He will forever hold a place in your heart. Hugs to you and your family. 

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I was looking at Snowshoe since someone mentioned it was cheap earlier. Looking at Wisp it actually looks cheaper if I'm just looking for a condo to escape to for marginal events and then rent out the rest of the year. Hmmm...

Look at Seven Springs. Their residuals aren’t bad and it’s conveniently close to I-70.

• Like 1

That's just awful. I'm so sorry to hear it. Hang in there. 

2 hours ago, 40westwx said:

Oh gosh, I'm terribly sorry to hear that something like that happened. My condolences. 

3 hours ago, 40westwx said:

Sorry to hear that.  I grew up with a Great Dane and all Great Dane owners have unique tales of glory.  The worst part about the breed is their short life expectancy. Losing a pet is heartbreaking.  They are members of the family.

4 hours ago, 40westwx said:

That’s horrible. I am so sorry. Losing an animal companion is bad enough when it is kind of expected, when it’s a shocker like this ... 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Skip the resorts down here and just leapfrog the whole damn east coast situation like I did. :) 

Plenty of stuff to buy up in the Whites.

Funny you say that. My partner is from the Manchester area originally so we go up to NH about once a year for various things. He was just talking about wanting to eventually move/settle in the lakes region. It’d be a long ways off since our jobs are here but I’ve grown to love NH (even outside the better snow climo).

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Funny you say that. My partner is from the Manchester area originally so we go up to NH about once a year for various things. He was just talking about wanting to eventually move/settle in the lakes region. It’d be a long ways off since our jobs are here but I’ve grown to love NH (even outside the better snow climo).

I can't wait to do some hiking (and more skiing) up there when my son and daughter get a little older.  

I can't wait to do some hiking (and more skiing) up there when my son and daughter get a little older.  

That’s the one thing that’s funny about me looking at all these condos in ski towns: I hate skiing. I probably just need better lessons, but I can’t turn or stop to save my life. I’ve got good balance and can go down the hills themselves but the only way I can stop is wiping out.

I blame my bad knees. Lame excuse for a young guy but swimming took a lot out of them.

8 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

That’s the one thing that’s funny about me looking at all these condos in ski towns: I hate skiing. I probably just need better lessons, but I can’t turn or stop to save my life. I’ve got good balance and can go down the hills themselves but the only way I can stop is wiping out.

I blame my bad knees. Lame excuse for a young guy but swimming took a lot out of them.

I bought skis two winters ago and we have Wisp season passes. I’ve gotten a bit better but I still suck at skiing. I also don’t enjoy it all that much..it’s just that I feel like I should like it. :lol:

aren't you in college? why would you tie yourself down that debt when you have no idea where your life will lead you?

Again, very hypothetical. It would be in the future. Just was having fun checking out some real estate today, nothing serious, I promise. It’s a five/ten years down the line when I have a stable income kind of thing.

Don’t think it’s a super uncommon thing to scroll through real estate listings and dream a little, lol.

• Like 4

First time poster, long time lurker! Really enjoy all the professional Mets and many others in this forum. Being on the mid shore just south of CAPE yielded a shutout this time around imby. But I’m excited for more tracking. Lived in Connecticut for 5+ years near Waterbury and I really miss those days. Moved to be closer to family. Oh well, I won’t bore anymore!  Just glad to be here and be in the game once or twice a year, maybe! Lol

• Like 9

I was just reminiscing about the awesome December 2009 storm.  11 years ago today was our office holiday party and I was checking the model runs between having drinks and fun.  I remember a post by one of the Moderators saying "welp, it's just about time for the Euro to pinch on off in the punch bowl" and another guy (Ian maybe?) said "If this goes bad I will intentionally roll my car on I-70"

The Euro run was great and we had no stress leading up to that incredible storm.  I cannot believe it's been 11 years! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic