Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

No skin in the game. No dog in the fight. Good luck to everyone up north and out west. I won't be posting in the 'highly contentious' storm obs thread. If the pissing and moaning spills over to here, y'all are fair game to be trolled mercilessly. B)

Enjoying the hell out of this Imperial stout from Hi-Wire right now.

don't worry, the next one will fringe DC while the shore scores a foot. It's only right at this point :P

Just now, CAPE said:

No skin in the game. No dog in the fight. Good luck to everyone up north and out west. I won't be posting in the 'highly contentious' storm obs thread. If the pissing and moaning spills over to here, y'all are fair game to be trolled mercilessly. B)

Enjoying the hell out of this Imperial stout from Hi-Wire right now.

Hi-Wire knows what they are doing. I’ll join you with a Union Barrel Aged Imperial Stout called, fittingly, Hot Spot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You were genuinely rude and then you escalated it. Again. It’s what you do. When you are not happily peeing in people’s corn flakes. 

He wasn’t even that rude. Perhaps he could have given a more straightforward response to mappy’s question than “sure”, but there was no need for her to pick a fight over it.

Hopefully they both reconcile because I really don’t wish to see arguments between a mod and a red tagger. Aside from that unfortunate spat, this is usually a very good subforum.

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

He wasn’t even that rude. Perhaps he could have given a more straightforward response to mappy’s question than “sure”, but there was no need for her to pick a fight over it.

Hopefully they both reconcile because I really don’t wish to see arguments between a mod and a red tagger. Aside from that unfortunate spat, this is usually a very good subforum.

lol i didn't pick a fight. i asked for more information. 

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

Hopefully they both reconcile because I really don’t wish to see arguments between a mod and a red tagger. Aside from that unfortunate fight, this is usually a very good subforum.

Good thing you are here to chime in. She didn’t pick a fight. She asked a question and the answer sucked. It didn’t seem all that difficult for others to answer the question in a way that would help explain things. 

People do try to or want to learn, Fozz. 

11 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You were genuinely rude and then you escalated it. Again. It’s what you do. When you are not happily peeing in people’s corn flakes. 

I was in the drive through picking up an order and answered “sure” quickly as it was my turn in line!! Then I get snarky replies. I meant nothing rude by it!! 

2 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

I was in the drive through picking up an order and answered “sure” quickly as it was my turn in line!! Then I get snarky replies. I meant nothing rude by it!! 

Can we just agree that "Correct" or "Yes" would have come across as more of an answer than "Sure" 

Regardless of how this all started - I can tell you that in my family "Sure" in that kind of a context is easily interpreted in a snarky or stand-offish manner. Regardless of whether you meant it. I say "sure" if somebody asks me if I want a burger. Not sure it fit well as a response to a question about temps. 

Clearly things are messy in here. Hate to see conflict like this erupting for a weather event. Hopefully everyone involved can just cool down and be friends again. 

And no - I'm not picking a fight with you. 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Can we just agree that "Correct" or "Yes" would have come across as more of an answer than "Sure" 

Regardless of how this all started - I can tell you that in my family "Sure" in that kind of a context is easily interpreted in a snarky or stand-offish manner. Regardless of whether you meant it. I say "sure" if somebody asks me if I want a burger. Not sure it fit well as a response to a question about temps. 

Clearly things are messy in here. Hate to see conflict like this erupting for a weather event. Hopefully everyone involved can just cool down and be friends again. 

And no - I'm not picking a fight with you. 

Sure means yes. 

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

“Sure” is much more ambiguous than “yes”, and sometimes it comes across as disdainful, though I’m sure you didn’t mean it that way. But if there’s a misunderstanding then that can easily escalate.

This. Especially if there are still high tensions lingering around. Hopefully the board can get back to being a friendly place again - where Ji complains and everything is well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This stuff from Union is awesome. Cacao, vanilla, cinnamon, and chili. All wrapped into a 13.5% bottle of love.

Damn. I need to try that one. Thats legit. 

This one has all of the above but no chili. and it has almond/amaretto on the nose. Lots of dark chocolate. Only 8% tho.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic