Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

8 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

this.. "If you want a solid, NFL quarterback, McSorley could be your guy."

I get what you are saying about the risk of injury... but your comment suggested that Lamar cant be a long term solution and that Trace is a better option. 

Lamar lead the league in Touchdown passes last year...

Fair. I should have said, “solid, traditional quarterback.” 

Earlier in the year it appeared to me that the Ravens were trying to keep Jackson in the pocket more. And understandably so, to protect him. But he’s not an effective pocket quarterback. So, either you play to his strengthens and risk injury,  or go with a solid, traditional quarterback and get him receiver help.

And that was my reply to someone saying, “clean house.”

Fun game...final call for snow.

My house 2-4" rain washes away most of it 

Sykesville 3-5" a little less rain so some mulch snow left. 

Very little snow accumulations on the street...Thursday you wont even be able to tell it snowed in Leesburg. 

Solid December event if you look at it as a stand alone but pretty disappointing after tracking so long and what looked promising at one point. 

Hope I'm wrong and the models bounce back some.

15 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Fun game...final call for snow.

My house 2-4" rain washes away most of it 

Sykesville 3-5" a little less rain so some mulch snow left. 

Very little snow accumulations on the street...Thursday you wont even be able to tell it snowed in Leesburg. 

Solid December event if you look at it as a stand alone but pretty disappointing after tracking so long and what looked promising at one point. 

Hope I'm wrong and the models bounce back some.

Not like we aren’t used to it. Whatever happens it has been a great distraction to the ongoing 2020 disaster not to mention a respite from our usual December waiting for snow (Godot?) convos.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clueless said:

Not like we aren’t used to it. Whatever happens it has been a great distraction to the ongoing 2020 disaster not to mention a respite from our usual December waiting for snow (Godot?) convos.  

Honestly this has the feeling that the obs further north won't be coming in so glamorous either...for some that will make them feel better I guess. For me I'm not much into worrying about what other people get or competing for the highest totals...I have tunnel vision when it comes to snow...I will appreciate what falls but won't lie, I'm disappointed at this point hopefully a better trend later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Honestly this has the feeling that the obs further north won't be coming in so glamorous either...for some that will make them feel better I guess. For me I'm not much into worrying about what other people get or competing for the highest totals...I have tunnel vision when it comes to snow...I will appreciate what falls but won't lie, I'm disappointed at this point hopefully a better trend later.

I'm expecting a good front end thump, then a period of sleet, then maybe some stuff on the backend. I honestly don't think I'll get to the 12" mark NWS, and most everyone, has me at. that warm layer always makes its way back to my area while the best snows happen just to my west in carroll county. 

• Like 1

3-6 of snow and ice around rain is 3-6 times the snow and Ice I saw last year, so big picture that’s a major win if the WAA piece works out. Better, it happens early enough to get out in it and enjoy it. 

easier to accept seeing this has become such a central PA favored storm. Just hoping we can hold the line here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

3-6 of snow and ice around rain is a 3-6 times the snow and Ice I saw last year, so big picture that’s a major win if the WAA piece works out. Better, it happens early enough to get out in it and enjoy it. 

easier to accept seeing this has become such a central PA favored storm. Just hoping we can hold the line here.

Congrats CABONDALE!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

3-6 of snow and ice around rain is 3-6 times the snow and Ice I saw last year, so big picture that’s a major win if the WAA piece works out. Better, it happens early enough to get out in it and enjoy it. 

absolutely! its the most snow many of us will have in over a year and we should be happy with what falls. it does sorta sting knowing it could have been so much better. of course, the storm hasnt started yet and its possible the low goes back east a bit. but we should def try to look at the bigger picture :) 

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Totally my own take but I seem to recall if/when the NAM ever scores or takes the lead on trends it is typically very early in the season...must be better in the summer fall period then kinda loses steam deeper in winter is my WAG. I'm not bashing it at all so save those comments i'm just saying my recollection is that in years past it hits on these early season threats then fizzles later.

Speaking of crazy uncle Larry....:arrowhead:

• Haha 1

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Could just be the second cup of coffee hitting but I'm feeling a little optimistic about this storm for some reason.  Feel like we get some better trends today.

Yep...Baileys will do that.  In the 3rd cup try bourbon...hold the coffee

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

:lol:

My first period physics class at 9:35 would be a lot fun!

I knew you were young when I saw your post.  Ah youth.  I used to be a glass half full kind of dude.  Now I am a glass half full of booze kind of dude.  The other half is filled with despair.  I call it the screwedriver 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic