• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2020

George BM

I posted this by accident in the long range forum and meant it to be here...

I’m happy to post here but every time I post anti snow or show a trend and give an analysis it’s taken as negative or harsh. I watched over the weekend at day 5 model hugging the snowiest solutions, it’s rare for it to work out that way area wide especially with such a marginal temperature setup. Conversations among colleagues can get like this...diverging opinions and Mets can be sensitive I will say that. But inevitably, the very grids a forecaster makes come from a blend of every model you see out there including the NAM, SREF, GFS, EURO etc its a blend of all and ensembles. You can gain clues into how a system is evolving from the NAM even at 48 and 60 hours. Take all the runs today...all of them are trending toward a well north and west setup of snow, rain more dominant east and you can’t just toss the NAM it’s showing this consistently run after run. 

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Spoke to @Bob Chill via email. He and his family are healthy and well. He’s been busy with work and it’s covid impacts and changes. He doesn’t expect to post anymore but may in the future. He still lurks a bit. 

Thanks for the update. I’m really glad to hear that he’s healthy and doing well.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Browns over the Ravens tonight. They are simply better right now, and the Ravens will again make enough mistakes and commit enough critical penalties to lose. The Browns smell blood with the Steelers in free fall. They win and they are one game back. 

When was the last time the Browns beat the Ravens?

Well according to the LWX probabilistic forecast, I have a 5% chance of getting 8”. So I’m going all-in on that. If someone asked me last year at this time, what are the odds a pandemic would more or less shut down the planet in 2020, I’d have said certainly less than 5%. So using this kind of impeccable logic, I fully expect a foot by Thursday morning.

• Weenie 1

Just now, HighStakes said:

Bob Turk started in 1973 the year I was born. Unreal.

He has been around forever.

I had to explain to my parents that no, in fact it was going to be a rainstorm here with maybe some flakes mixed in at the end or a light coating, and they were like, why is he saying we are getting a snowstorm? lol pathetic.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm petty sure I'm no longer interested in these long track potential storms. I'm freaking tired and it might not even snow....yeesh.

In a way I am glad I have been able to sit this one out, emotionally speaking. I do know a good synoptic setup for here, and this one was hard to get enthused about. Been sleeping like a baby while y'all have been poring over every run and staying up for the 0z Euro. :hurrbear:

• Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic