Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

Just now, Jrlg1181 said:

Thank you for the kind words , much appreciated....it was unexpected & with the holidays its difficult to say the least..

I hope you are able to find some peace right now during this tremendous loss.  I can’t imagine the pain and loss but I will keep your family in my prayers, especially this holiday season.

• Like 3

Timed the order of new snow gear for the kid perfectly, last of it comes tomorrow.

Mr map is gonna secure a yardstick to a board for me today to put in the yard. My weather station is in California for repair but at least a few neighbors nearby have stations I can watch. 

Good luck to everyone, enjoy the snow you get. Could be worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

So much pain for so many this year. I really hope we're all able to find a measure of joy and comfort by the time all is said and done with this storm. I tear up every time I see a post about someone experiencing a recent loss. 

There are certainly more important things in life than white stuff falling but for most of us here that one weather phenomenon can be the one thing that helps in a time of grief. I know so many are suffering and it would be nice if the weather gods could listen once and give something back when this year has taken so much away from us.

• Like 1

What we should be asking ourselves about this new weather map starting on Dec 16, is why are the graphics so downgraded? Is this because after Dec 16, you have to PAY to get the old weather maps on the NWS?

https://www.weather.gov/radarfaq

https://preview-radar.weather.gov

I think I am gonna really love the retro look to precip in motion! It's so 1995! Nice and herky-jerky lol! Brings back really great memories about the Winter of 1995-1996!

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

With this year’s move to telework (even for projects requiring a clearance) and the possibility of moving to a new project with 100% telework, I’d absolutely love to move west - for both a little more space and a little more snow.

The problem is that our neighborhood is about the most idyllic you could imagine for the kids, wife, and me, so there’s basically no way we’re leaving. Good problem to have, I suppose!

The pandemic has really turbocharged the teleworking revolution.

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I guess I am watching this and pulling for KC. Ravens need lots of help. Ofc they need to help themselves too. Probably need to win out to have a realistic chance.

Excited for our game tomorrow, hoping to avenge the shellacking your boys hit us with week 1 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DanTheMan said:

Excited for our game tomorrow, hoping to avenge the shellacking your boys hit us with week 1 

It's going to be a tough game. Browns are playing really well. Ravens will have some key players back, and hopefully they can run the ball effectively. The O line has been a revolving door, but maybe they have finally settled on a set lineup that is workable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's going to be a tough game. Browns are playing really well. Ravens will have some key players back, and hopefully they can run the ball effectively. The O line has been a revolving door, but maybe they have finally settled on a set lineup that is workable.

Yeah and being the #1 and 2 rushing teams facing off it could be a slog of a matchup. Although Jackson seems to have his best games throwing the ball against us and with Ward out that may continue. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic