Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, usedtobe said:

Jason and I will have a post on it coming up.  Right now we're playing the probabilities for various accumulations lower than suggested by the eps POPS or GFS as there were lots of different evolutions shown on the ensemble stamps.  Plus, we're 4 days out and we live around DC. 

When Wes talks, people listen.  Just like the old EF Hutton commercials for those of us old enough to remember them.  Great to see you back with us sir!

@WxUSAF  didn't want to clutter the long range thread - but Jan. 2019 was a major disappointment for sure Baltimore north. We definitely did not verify warning criteria and it was amazingly painful that day to see the snow hit a wall and all good rates fall about 15 -20 miles to the south. I believe I measured somewhere in the 4" range for that storm.

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

@WxUSAF  didn't want to clutter the long range thread - but Jan. 2019 was a major disappointment for sure Baltimore north. We definitely did not verify warning criteria and it was amazingly painful that day to see the snow hit a wall and all good rates fall about 15 -20 miles to the south. I believe I measured somewhere in the 4" range for that storm.

Yeah, I hear you.

That evening band was pretty strange.  Developed in the NoVA burbs and slowly moved east.  I remember watching it on my phone and thinking it wouldn't make it to MBY.  Then it arrived and just dumped pure fluff dendrites for a few hours.  A 6"+ difference between BWI and me is pretty weird, so that shows how close I was to the edge.  

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Yeah, I hear you.

That evening band was pretty strange.  Developed in the NoVA burbs and slowly moved east.  I remember watching it on my phone and thinking it wouldn't make it to MBY.  Then it arrived and just dumped pure fluff dendrites for a few hours.  A 6"+ difference between BWI and me is pretty weird, so that shows how close I was to the edge.  

It was quite strange.  Very delayed from the main event, but it delivered.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic