Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Clearly they are one of the best teams, and in the end every team is what their record says they are. If you do the analysis though, it reveals they are on the same level as a handful of other really good teams.You tend to miss the subtle points, so I will agree in general and leave it at that.

Yeah I get it.. they clearly are not the 2007 Patriots... It is really hard to keep winning in the NFL and I think when you have a long winning streak.. the choke factor sneaks in a you psych yourself out.. I think thats what happened to the Ravens last year... 

but the WFT beat the steelers the way you have.. play good defense.. dont make mistakes and capitalize off of opportunities.  

Fun game to watch.. probably the first time I have ever rooted for another team :)

55 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Giants stunned Seattle, and WFT took out the Steelers. Another team from "lowly" NFC east gets a chance to upset a "better" team tonight. As putrid as Dallas has been, the Ravens will stumble enough to keep it close, and it would be no surprise if the Cowboys manage to win.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dallas won, but I'll be rooting for the Ravens

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

DT called out PSU in the long range thread...I can't wait for him to furiously defend his idea that this winter is a dead ratter several times then tell me he's just keeping it real 

I mean, there is something to keeping expectations low. its probably not going to be a good winter. 

3 hours ago, 40westwx said:

I (naturally) hate the steelers.. but this is simply not true.  WFT beat one of the best teams in the NFL last night.  They have the best Defense in the NFL and one of the best passing attacks... and Ben basically never sacked.. so they are as good as their record says they are.

Disagree. They're decent but no where near an 11-0 team. Every close game went their way and there are so many horrible teams this year that they feasted on. They can't run the ball and they tend to play down to their competion. Defensively they have the statistics but again overrated. Ben throwing the ball 50 times again shows they have no balance on offensive and is a sure recipe for a short playoff stint. Bottom line is they are very unimpressive. I never buy into the theory that the good teams find a way to win, in the Steelers case this year they've just been plain lucky. Plus it was a horrible decision by Tomlin to go for it on 4th and 1 and not to kick the FG. It was only a 45 yarder regardless of a new kicker. Maybe if it was a 50 yarder you go for it but but not on a 45 yarder.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Disagree. They're decent but no where near an 11-0 team. Every close game went their way and there are so many horrible teams this year that they feasted on. They can't run the ball and they tend to play down to their competion. Defensively they have the statistics but again overrated. Ben throwing the ball 50 times again shows they have no balance on offensive and is a sure recipe for a short playoff stint. Bottom line is they are very unimpressive. I never buy into the theory that the good teams find a way to win, in the Steelers case this year they've just been plain lucky. Plus it was a horrible decision by Tomlin to go for it on 4th and 1 and not to kick the FG. It was only a 45 yarder regardless of a new kicker. Maybe if it was a 50 yarder you go for it but but not on a 45 yarder.

Steelers fan here and couldn't agree more.  I think this is what makes them look pedestrian.  They haven't had a good back since Leveon left (I'm not a huge James Conner guy).  They have the weapons on offense and even with Ben being on the very downside of his career, their offense would be much more explosive with the threat of any running game.  Claypool is a star and the defense is legit.  No one is touching the Chiefs though, IMO.

I'd still go Chiefs/Steelers in the AFC title game though, but if recent history is any indicator, Steelers will lose to someone early in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Steelers fan here and couldn't agree more.  I think this is what makes them look pedestrian.  They haven't had a good back since Leveon left (I'm not a huge James Conner guy).  They have the weapons on offense and even with Ben being on the very downside of his career, their offense would be much more explosive with the threat of any running game.  Claypool is a star and the defense is legit.  No one is touching the Chiefs though, IMO.

I'd still go Chiefs/Steelers in the AFC title game though, but if recent history is any indicator, Steelers will lose to someone early in the playoffs.

All good points. We'll see how they look against Buffalo. Should be an interesting game. Chiefs kind of have to beat themselves although as good as they look they too have has some close calls. Number 1 seed is much more important to the Steelers than the Chiefs. 

Just now, snowfan said:

I think losetoa6 needs to change his tune to reverse our fortunes. Instead of being the eternal optimist that hypes every flurry, be pessimistic. Maybe it'll change our luck.

The problem with this is that there is always a balance.  Like the force.  There has to be evil while there is good.  so if loseto6 goes dark side then that means Ji HAS to flip to positive.  And I am terrified at that thought.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

The problem with this is that there is always a balance.  Like the force.  There has to be evil while there is good.  so if loseto6 goes dark side then that means Ji HAS to flip to positive.  And I am terrified at that thought.

Ji needs to do something his FB paycheck is shrinking by the week 

Well after two years of no tree, was in FL last year and young cats the year before, we got a tree to put up. Actually realized I missed having it up. Had a bit of an oh crap moment when 3 out of 8 light strands decided to be 50/50 with working lights. But the tree ended up not being as full as I though my so 5 strands worked just fine. Cats were interested in it last night but it was not decorated. Will have to be on alert tonight with lights and shiny hanging things on it. 

1F921E73-CDFB-4BDB-9940-A09089ABDB2C.jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

DT called out PSU in the long range thread...I can't wait for him to furiously defend his idea that this winter is a dead ratter several times then tell me he's just keeping it real 

@DTWXRISK misunderstood my post to think I was saying we were in a strong Nina. I don’t disagree that if the Nina weakens we could salvage a decent second half. I’m just less confident than him. Enso effects often lag but not always. Either way I see his point and I respect his argument.  Plus I hope I’m wrong. I would much rather be wrong with snow than right without. Last year being right didn’t make the awful winter any less awful!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 40westwx said:

I (naturally) hate the steelers.. but this is simply not true.  WFT beat one of the best teams in the NFL last night.  They have the best Defense in the NFL and one of the best passing attacks... and Ben basically never sacked.. so they are as good as their record says they are.

10 hours ago, CAPE said:

Clearly they are one of the best teams, and in the end every team is what their record says they are. If you do the analysis though, it reveals they are on the same level as a handful of other really good teams.You tend to miss the subtle points, so I will agree in general and leave it at that.

As someone on here said yesterday, the Steelers were the worst 11-0 team ever. I follow them VERY closely, and while their defense might be very good, this is in no way a dominant team. I think @CAPE is correct here - a good team for sure, but I'm not convinced they do much of anything come postseason. They don't run exceptionally well, their receivers drop a ton of passes, they're still susceptible to dumb penalties, and they have a QB situation where if Ben gets hurt, they're done. And he's not the most durable guy behind center anymore. 

Much credit to Washington - it was fun watching their D fly around yesterday. If I was a Washington fan I'd have more hope than I've had for many years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

As someone on here said yesterday, the Steelers were the worst 11-0 team ever. I follow them VERY closely, and while their defense might be very good, this is in no way a dominant team. I think @CAPE is correct here - a good team for sure, but I'm not convinced they do much of anything come postseason. They don't run exceptionally well, their receivers drop a ton of passes, they're still susceptible to dumb penalties, and they have a QB situation where if Ben gets hurt, they're done. And he's not the most durable guy behind center anymore. 

Much credit to Washington - it was fun watching their D fly around yesterday. If I was a Washington fan I'd have more hope than I've had for many years. 

Well thought out post. Can't disagree with anything here.

I have no idea what to expect from the Ravens tonight. They have some key players back, but minimal practice and some may show some post covid fatigue?

Biggest concern is the lack of talent at TE now, and the continued reshuffling of the OL. Hopefully Dallas is as bad as advertised on the defensive side of the ball.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic