Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

On 12/4/2020 at 9:54 AM, mappy said:

do you think you could cancel winter in the banter thread, or panic room? its incredibly tiresome to see it in every thread. 

It’s called humor. Lighten up

On 12/4/2020 at 10:05 AM, mappy said:

yup. stop canceling winter in every thread. do it in banter or the panic room. thanks. 

Uh oh she’s getting mad...

On 12/4/2020 at 10:12 AM, mappy said:

you better figure it out. i'm not asking you again.

Tea kettle starting to whistle

23 hours ago, mappy said:

Banter

9 hours ago, DTWXRISK said:

who  ever  said that about 18z   euro    was wrong  sw va   will  do ok with this  little  event

We all live in NOVA. Virtually all

6 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

You’re not wrong from the perspective you are analyzing this. But the majority of the people in this thread are in the Baltimore/DC area and so to them it’s looking like a fail. 

Bingo

I love how posts disappear for calling mods Out for their own banter lol

It’s hilarious how sensitive the hall monitors are In here to their own critiques they so willfully hand out to others.

Deleted... not even moved to Banter! 

If something is not offensive or doesn’t use bad language then it should not be completed deleted. That’s un-American in every sense of the idea. 

The age of censorship... welcome my fellow Americans.

eta: oh and @mappy since she is the by far and away the biggest banter accuser and simultaneous banter creator in the whole lot.

Its actually impressive the lack of self awareness (incoming response about my lack of self awareness... beat you to it)

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

I love how posts disappear for calling mods Out for their own banter lol

It’s hilarious how sensitive the hall monitors are In here to their own critiques they so willfully hand out to others.

Deleted... not even moved to Banter! 

If something is not offensive or doesn’t use bad language then it should not be completed deleted. That’s un-American in every sense of the idea. 

The age of censorship... welcome my fellow Americans.

eta: oh and @mappy since she is the by far and away the biggest banter accuser and simultaneous banter creator in the whole lot.

Its actually impressive the lack of self awareness (incoming response about my lack of self awareness... beat you to it)

Your post wasn’t deleted, and I moved it to banter for you. You’re welcome 

2 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

Lie.

it was originally deleted and you just moved here cause I called you out.

Thats the truth. Own it

I don’t delete posts, I hid it. And trying to accommodate you since it bothered you. Take the win

Just now, PivotPoint said:

Deleted and hiding is semantics. If it’s not up there then it’s being suppressed.

Most be nice for you... hide, move posts at your discretion. Manipulate the narrative as you see fit. If you’re not in media you should think about it. You’d fit in perfectly. 

Appreciate the feedback. Enjoy your weekend :) 

23 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I updated the bingo to be an actual 5x5 and remembered some better references. Game on!

updatedbingo.PNG

Pac puke pattern

We taint

MJO moving into favorable spot

(early in the winter) Siberian Snowcover

(later in the winter) March ‘93 reference

SSW event (this one appears when things are especially dire)

39 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Just needs one vienna sausage with a blob of ketchup on top.

What do you think is on the inside?  Need to help the structural support of said dwelling

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

From the crumbs that I see on the plate, I’m guessing that house once had a garage.

This house is out in the rural area. It was an outhouse that on the left. Looked shitty anyways so had to go first

• Haha 2

In other news...  the mortality rates for 2020 were just released (cdc does it in season.. September to September)

The death rate - deaths per 100,000 people was about the same as the last few years:

United States - Historical Death Rate Data
Year Death Rate Growth Rate
2020 8.880 1.120%
2019 8.782 1.120%
2018 8.685 1.220%
2017 8.580 1.240%
2016 8.475 1.270%
2015 8.369 1.270%
2014 8.264 1.290%
2013 8.159 0.090%
2012 8.152 0.090%

Crude death rates jumped by a couple 100 thousand, and thats on par with jumps we have seen in previous years.  Every year about 3 million people die... so to see a spike in a couple hundred thousand is normal.. also remember our population growth rate is also at 1-2%.. thats six million people a year.  

The jump in 2013 to 2014 is an interesting one.. I feel like it has to do with some sort of improvements in reporting or something.. kinda like when temperature reporting in urban areas increase exponentially and all the sudden annual global temps rise.. 

•  

Another interesting thing is that if you go back 75-80 years, the birth rate skyrocketed to levels our country has never (and probably will never) see... The crude increase from 2013-2014 was about 200,000 extra deaths.. I guess when you have a baby boom.. you get death booms to on the other side.  

1 hour ago, 40westwx said:

In other news...  the mortality rates for 2020 were just released (cdc does it in season.. September to September)

The death rate - deaths per 100,000 people was about the same as the last few years:

United States - Historical Death Rate Data
Year Death Rate Growth Rate
2020 8.880 1.120%
2019 8.782 1.120%
2018 8.685 1.220%
2017 8.580 1.240%
2016 8.475 1.270%
2015 8.369 1.270%
2014 8.264 1.290%
2013 8.159 0.090%
2012 8.152 0.090%

Crude death rates jumped by a couple 100 thousand, and thats on par with jumps we have seen in previous years.  Every year about 3 million people die... so to see a spike in a couple hundred thousand is normal.. also remember our population growth rate is also at 1-2%.. thats six million people a year.  

The jump in 2013 to 2014 is an interesting one.. I feel like it has to do with some sort of improvements in reporting or something.. kinda like when temperature reporting in urban areas increase exponentially and all the sudden annual global temps rise.. 

•  

That's...not how global temps are calculated.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic