Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

4 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

The overnight temps above freezing means the snowpack doesn't get a break. Starting to see areas of green here, still have about 85% coverage with the deepest areas about 6" max. Still holding out hope to make it through Sunday to get the whole month in.

Feel bad for you man putting the effort into the "snow pile" just to get drilled every day.

I'm getting drilled daily and with another sunny day tomorrow and a rainy/warm weekend...may only eek out some parking lot/shaded snow piles next week. 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Feel bad for you man putting the effort into the "snow pile" just to get drilled every day.

I'm getting drilled daily and with another sunny day tomorrow and a rainy/warm weekend...may only eek out some parking lot/shaded snow piles next week. 

Thanks, lol. Snow pile is hanging tough so far, plus he's got some shady brothers. I'm thinking we'll still have some grass coverage come Sunday, not sure about next week. Hopefully not too much rain over the weekend, for lots of reasons.

9 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Thanks, lol. Snow pile is hanging tough so far, plus he's got some shady brothers. I'm thinking we'll still have some grass coverage come Sunday, not sure about next week. Hopefully not too much rain over the weekend, for lots of reasons.

Thought I saw .25-.5" each day, Sat and Sun, so nothing super major.

30F here currently so your pile will probably get a glaze tonight....

16 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Thought I saw .25-.5" each day, Sat and Sun, so nothing super major.

30F here currently so your pile will probably get a glaze tonight....

Yeah, 32F here, surprised it's cooled off this fast. We just came up from a kettle fire and petted it, it's got the glaze, lol.

eta- nice moonlight tonight!

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Does anyone remember when the last time was that we had straight rain (not as part of a frozen event)? Seems like it's been a while but not sure if one snuck in there early-mid month.

Over the Blue Mountain and just slightly out of the Mt Holly CWA, for us, it might have been the 12/24 storm. Not sure, but January seemed plenty dry.

34 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Does anyone remember when the last time was that we had straight rain (not as part of a frozen event)? Seems like it's been a while but not sure if one snuck in there early-mid month.

For me it was 2/16. I was under an ice storm warning, but it was all rain. I also recall a 33 & rain event in Jan before we began our hot streak, but I'd have to check the date.

25 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

For me it was 2/16. I was under an ice storm warning, but it was all rain. I also recall a 33 & rain event in Jan before we began our hot streak, but I'd have to check the date.

Yeah, I looked back. I believe it might have been January 15/16, but there was one rainer in there.

16 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Glenn thinks models are under estimating the highs tomorrow. Precip moves out early, some sun and we approach 60. My predicted high is low 50s. But Glenn may be hitting the sauce working from home and  :oldman: .... 

43F

Mesos seem to think some of us could see an inch or two of snow overnight 1st. Not so much down here, more north and west, but I'll have my snow goggles on a bit later. Currently 43F, dp 21.

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Mesos seem to think some of us could see an inch or two of snow overnight 1st. Not so much down here, more north and west, but I'll have my snow goggles on a bit later. Currently 43F, dp 21.

Maybe some flakes between 1-4am but it won't stick w/temps above 32F for several days...may be the last flakes this winter.

42F

33 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Set the weenie alarm clock or flat out wait for flakes...think it's overdone though.

Almost to the coast w/flakes...WTF?

38F

pic.jpg

Lol....I'm keeping an open mind. And have the snow lamp down by the kettle fire. I do realize we'd probably get rained on 1st even if we do get some snow, but it is Friday night after all.

bring it on. I need the 2 inches of snow to help clean off all the salt brine spray on my car from the melting snow on the road. Still have over 10 in on the ground. These  glaciers are not even calving right now as they are so harden by the the melt and refreeze with repeated cold nights.  After tonight's event, if  a 6-8 in snow event at LVI should occur sometime in March, it will probably break the all time record for snowfall at LVI.