Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Crazy thing is that it really hasn't been that cold! Like I don't remember hitting single digits this winter.

Strange consistently cold winter, the above normal days all that time staying below 50F yet no record cold or as you said lows in the single digits. I believe my coldest low was in mid December at 10F. Very odd.

53 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

56F at 3:30pm

The sun and temps have done mean things to the snowpack...

still holding on strong here.  Nothing but snow for as far as the eye can see.  And not at all unexpected with the glacier here from snow to several inches of sleet to snow to sleet to snow over the last month.  Even rain and these temps would have a tough time getting rid of what we have.

57 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

still holding on strong here.  Nothing but snow for as far as the eye can see.  And not at all unexpected with the glacier here from snow to several inches of sleet to snow to sleet to snow over the last month.  Even rain and these temps would have a tough time getting rid of what we have.

Four more days with temps 40 and 50+ along w/rain it will cave...by March 1st not much will be left besides parking lot piles.

• Weenie 1

15 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Four more days with temps 40 and 50+ along w/rain it will cave...by March 1st not much will be left besides parking lot piles.

I'm still holding out hope for some semblance of snow cover come March 1st. Other than a couple of spots next to a pine tree and a couple Yew bushes, things are solid here, mostly thanks to that Delco mix we got a couple weeks ago.

o.thumb.jpg.a0946afacee3132a33f762b543678993.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Hit a low of 40.1 overnight before the wind shift scoured out the radiational cooling and the temp jumped up to 47.5 by 3AM. Ended up dropping back to 38.8 by sunrise though. Up to 43 now with some gusty winds. Snowpack still holding strong but some definite compaction the past day. Only holes are spots where water/streams are, which were frozen.