Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

You have seen Midlo's snow mountain right, he made me give up even trying lol

I've checked it out, could probably do it for 800 or so, but it's a commitment, I'd want to be sure I used it regularly if I spent the money. It's in the fantasy file, next to the zip line and rope tow, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I can walk on my pack it's now a glacier

Yeah between the pack I have remaining (roughly 5" rock solid after today) and the layer of sleet/freezing rain we should get towards the end of tomorrow after another 5-6", I'm feeling pretty good about having snow cover the entire month of Feb. Would have never predicted that going into this winter. In fact, has there been any long range forecaster that nailed this winter? Just goes to show how far we need to still go in that area. There were a lot of well respected mets and amateurs that pooped the bed this year in the long range. But it's a good bust down this way so no one cares :lol:

• Weenie 1

.A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW WILL AFFECT MERCER...SOUTHWESTERN
MIDDLESEX...MONTGOMERY...SOUTHERN BUCKS...CHESTER...NORTHERN
PHILADELPHIA AND NORTHERN DELAWARE COUNTIES...

At 540 AM EST, a band of heavy snow was located from about central
Chester County northeastward across the lower portions of Montgomery
and Bucks counties then into southern Mercer County in New Jersey.
This band is lifting northeastward.

Snowfall rates of around an inch per hour will be common within this
band. Given temperatures in the 20s and the cold ground, road
conditions are rapidly deteriorating. In addition, the visibility
will be reduced to one quarter of a mile within the heavy snow.

Be prepared for snow covered roads. Slow down and allow extra time
when traveling.

Locations impacted include...
Philadelphia, Trenton, West Chester, Bensalem, Ewing, Norristown,
Pottstown, Phoenixville, Lansdale, West Norriton, East Norriton,
Coatesville, Princeton, Westtown, Bristol, Doylestown, Downingtown,
Conshohocken, Hatboro and Ambler.

This includes the following highways...
 New Jersey Turnpike between exits 8 and 9.

35 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

If you're looking for a good laugh check out the mid atlantic banter thread... my only comment is Thank God for sub-forums. :jerry:  Really makes me thankful for the crew we have here.. very chill/low drama. 

It's a terrible thing for those guys and gals some will need therapy or a new hobbie

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

add 2-4  of snow for Monday for the LV . This could be a surprise over performer too according to NAM runs too. I see a WWA advisories issued by Sunday night namconus_asnow_neus_29.png

Looks like BL torch issue. Especially since it starts falling at the worst time possible for the city and burbs. Could be a nice little hit for far NW and poconos though. 

24 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Gfs comes north with the storm for next Friday. The PV  is right over the lakes.

The storm can't come further north due to the confluence over Maine. 

602fe3af04321.png

602fe3db8425c.png

I think the NS is going to press thru as has been routine during a nina with a lead wave Tuesday pm or wed dragging the baroclinic zone to the South for the overunning followup wave to track along. As we've seen, the baro front hasn't pressed as south as guidance had been showing at range. Im probably completely off base and I'm sure the look/setup will change. But I can see the front dragging thru the mid atl then then overunning pushing way N fighting the SER flex. It has my attention, but im not overly thrilled just yet. 

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

I'm supposed to leave next Friday to go drive down and see my grandparents in upstate South Carolina. I'd wager this may actually be the Mid Atlantic's best shot at a big snowstorm all year based on that fact alone. I always attract bad weather when traveling...

I’ll be in Massachusetts (near Worcester) from Wednesday-Saturday so I’m betting on the storm shifting north and slamming New England since I have plans there on Thursday and Friday nights.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Looks like BL torch issue. Especially since it starts falling at the worst time possible for the city and burbs. Could be a nice little hit for far NW and poconos though. 

Yep, I don't see Monday being a deal for anyone outside of the lehigh valley and Poconos. That storm track combined with the time of day just equals fail for everyone else, don't care what the models show. Might be able to start as snow, but  I don't see it sticking. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1