Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

31 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

doesn't look different from the 12Z....

The fact the euro is the southern outlier and given its less than stellar track record AND with the NAM being consistent with the sleet/ice look, we shouldn't write the NAM off nor the warmer solutions. It certainly has some merit in that solution.

• Like 3

For the city it is going to come down to where that initial fronto banding sets up. This storm won’t be able to give us snow from the coastal since the upper levels are t great. Think of PD2 where that initial fronto crushed DC and that area. I’d rather be north right now of where GFS has it so no complaints yet. That is a way we could get “screwed” though where initial waa banding is south thru Md line. Then mid levels toast for the coastal part. Places to the NW of city may be able to hold Onto snow longer from The coastal. It’s why you see the snow hole over us on the 18z para gfs

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

For the city it is going to come down to where that initial fronto banding sets up. This storm won’t be able to give us snow from the coastal since the upper levels are t great. Think of PD2 where that initial fronto crushed DC and that area. I’d rather be north right now of where GFS has it so no complaints yet. That is a way we could get “screwed” though where initial waa banding is south thru Md line. Then mid levels toast for the coastal part. Places to the NW of city may be able to hold Onto snow longer from The coastal. It’s why you see the snow hole over us on the 18z para gfs

NAM caved and is on board. Start the mother freaking thread! :snowing:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Can't believe I have this much snow left it was a lot of rain. Did not measure yet but looks like 10"

Same at my house. Easily 6" left but may be closer to 8-10" in spots. Going to be a rough day though meltwise with temps in the mid 40s. Still think I won't have any bare patches heading into Thurs.

• Weenie 1

Gefs/eps/geps all seem to want to bring north atlantic blocking back towards the end of the month into March. Thursday may not be the last hurrah? It looks like we will also be battling the se ridge but that honestly may play to our advantage in March as long as we have the blocking. Potentially more fun ahead.. We have had an incredible run of epic Marches besides last year. If we get another March mauling, we could see some spots get into the top 10 seasonal snowfalls. Pretty crazy considering we were in close to a strong nina.

Just now, RedSky said:

With the cold second half March last year and the two cold snowy Marches before that one would think odds favor a mild March.

Larry Cosgrove said in his recent newsletter than winter won't relent until second half of March. He seems to be on the right track if guidance is to be believed. We get a brief warm up next week(more like seasonal temps), then it appears the cold may return after that. The seasonal pattern has been to keep the blocking in place so I wont be surprised if it bounces back.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, Ralph Wiggum said:

The fact the euro is the southern outlier and given its less than stellar track record AND with the NAM being consistent with the sleet/ice look, we shouldn't write the NAM off nor the warmer solutions. It certainly has some merit in that solution.

Can I have that in writing?... oh wait.

• Haha 1