Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

I had 16F and rain in Horsham in 1994 I know it happens, I was expecting up to 1" snow today essentially WAA stuff before the warm air punched in. 

And now the sleet has changed to big puffy marshmallows lol

That was nuts....doubt I see anything like that again. Heavy rain and mid teens...

Just now, Birds~69 said:

That was nuts....doubt I see anything like that again. Heavy rain and mid teens...

Once in a lifetime never again, reverse train track ruts on roads with inches of ice they couldn't melt, drove around like slot car racers for weeks. I bet the youngin's in here can't believe it but true.

• Like 1

Once in a lifetime never again, reverse train track ruts on roads with inches of ice they couldn't melt, drove around like slot car racers for weeks. I bet the youngin's in here can't believe it but true.

I was 4 but I remember the inches of ice on the streets vividly, never seen anything like it since. Honestly don't even remember the storms themselves, but I remember the streets being like a skating rink.

My car took a beating that year. Alignment all screwed up, suspension and my brake line rusted and leakage..

Just now, The Iceman said:

I was 4 but I remember the inches of ice on the streets vividly, never seen anything like it since. Honestly don't even remember the storms themselves, but I remember the streets being like a skating rink.

1500 mile long arcs of moisture feed from the south states and Gulf, a pink road of frozen set up multiple times I just don't get why it has never happened again.

49 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Euro throws us a light pinger even Saturday night, like the king tossing radishes into the crowd.

Lots of threats and chances being thrown at us next 2 weeks. Looks like a minor 1 for 2 event(s) Thursday and Friday. Sunday looking like the VD sleet storm from 2007(?). Then early next week looks threatening. Need to cash in on at least 1 of these the next few weeks. 

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Lots of threats and chances being thrown at us next 2 weeks. Looks like a minor 1 for 2 event(s) Thursday and Friday. Sunday looking like the VD sleet storm from 2007(?). Then early next week looks threatening. Need to cash in on at least 1 of these the next few weeks. 

VD1 was a massive juiced system 1.5" qpf, Sunday on the euro is what .25" . Maybe the following system gives us VD stuff who knows.

'94 definitely once in a lifetime.  Hope I don't see another.  I worked for an Oil Co back then.  It was complete insanity.  Customer's pipes froze from the outages, the owner was buying every 4 wheel pick up he could find and putting tanks in the back and spikes on the guy's feet to get the fuel delivered. Roads and driveways were too much for the big trucks.  Salesman became service techs, and we became a 24/7 operation and it took us weeks to get everyone back in heat.  Our phones were so busy, people were calling the police and they would come to the office and give us their service request.  Never again.  Some homes that endured no heat for weeks, finally getting the pipes thawed, only to then be taken out again from the flooding Brandywine due to the ice jams.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

'94 definitely once in a lifetime.  Hope I don't see another.  I worked for an Oil Co back then.  It was complete insanity.  Customer's pipes froze from the outages, the owner was buying every 4 wheel pick up he could find and putting tanks in the back and spikes on the guy's feet.  Salesman became service techs, and we became a 24/7 operation and it took us weeks to get everyone back in heat.  Our phones were so busy, people were calling the police and they would come to the office and give us their service request.  Never again.  Some homes that endured no heat for weeks, finally getting the pipes thawed, only to then be taken out again from the flooding Brandywine due to the ice jams.

Call me crazy but I would highly enjoy another similar event. I didn't appreciate how once in a lifetime and how obscure that storm really was... 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

What looked like an extremely promising period for the city is turning to crud pretty fast. Going to be hard to get all frozen with these events down the line unless something changes fast. We never do "easy" well anyway. The event last week kind of came out of nowhere after a few busts fi you recall. Maybe thatll happen again lol

• Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

What looked like an extremely promising period for the city is turning to crud pretty fast. Going to be hard to get all frozen with these events down the line unless something changes fast. We never do "easy" well anyway. The event last week kind of came out of nowhere after a few busts fi you recall. Maybe thatll happen again lol

I thought just the opposite. Plenty of chances with the pv lurking unless you are looking for clean flush hits. Then maybe phl proper will have issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Call me crazy but I would highly enjoy another similar event. I didn't appreciate how once in a lifetime and how obscure that storm really was... 

Your that Sim City guy - Cat 5 hurricane in Miami, 15 tornadoes in the midwest, collapse Hoover damn weeee this is fun!

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

I want to add also, there are so many moving parts right now models are going to struggle hammering down specific threats inside of 5 days. I know this has been beaten to death but it is legit. As fast as they lose a good look, they have been bringing it back....and vice versa. This has been a decent winter that isn't ending anytime soon. Keep optimistic!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

What happened to the arctic outbreaks how exactly did they go MIA?

The ULL tpv didn’t phase with any stj energy. Before, models were bringing the tpv farther southeast with the weekend system. Now it kind of scoots more ENE.

btw, 18z eps looked slightly better at 144 for next weeks system which I think is our best and last shot at a significant winter storm for a while. It’s technically the event I’ve been talking about for over a week. Ralph remembers me mentioning the heisy. Well I said it’d be the event when the AO breaks down and the tpv moves into 50/50 position, well... 

• Like 1