Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

58 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Snow on snow on snow on snow on snow. You have to think one of those fails but still even if we bat .500, this is going to be a memorable stretch.

I am already losing track of my snow amounts I have to get serious about documenting this, there was a little morning snow event on what day Thursday ? It was .70" and I barely acknowledged it.

18 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Close to a personal best for most snow in one weeks time, unfortunately I don't know if there were other snowfalls the weeks of blizz 96 and blizz 2016

I’m gonna say Feb 2010. As I recall we were under a winter storm warning for the current storm and a winter storm watch for the one a few days later.

I also recall a flooding rain storm the week after the ‘96 blizzard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I’m gonna say Feb 2010. As I recall we were under a winter storm warning for the current storm and a winter storm watch for the one a few days later.

I also recall a flooding rain storm the week after the ‘96 blizzard.

I would agree with 2010, most snow I've seen on the ground around here in my life.

Redsky may have a different opinion, I believe folks up north watched the snow hit a wall for at least one of those storms

35 minutes ago, WarrenCtyWx said:

There was a widespread 4-8" the Friday after the blizzard of 96.

Yeah no memory of it but seen that mentioned. 1996 remains at the top.

* Actually the CIPS map has less than 2" in my corner on the world that storm now I don't know. 29" this week and 28"+ that storm in 96.

4 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Craziest part of the euro is the block reforming at the end of the run. 

Agreed, we have 3 - 4 threats the next 10 days. Maybe a brief relaxation period after your storm, then we reload for another round late month into March. I'll be surprised if anyone isnt't well above normal by the end of the season now. Things look about as close to perfect around here as it gets the next 10 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Think for the city it was snow to sleet

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/1996/12-Jan-96.html

We had snow where I was in NW Philly those few days after (probably about 6").  Then the temps started rising a few weeks later (up to or in the 60s) with rain and the flooding was epic.  I remember driving to work (used to use the River Drives to go downtown where I worked) and the high water marks for the flooding along the Kelly drive were clearly visible along the length of the plowed snow pack right near the Falls Bridge.  I also remember a full sized mature tree had washed down the Schuylkill during the floods and eventually got wedged horizontally near the top of one of the arches of a stone train bridge that goes over the river.  That tree trunk must have stayed there almost a year before they finally removed it. :o

53 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Where do I sign? That’d be memorable 

To put this in perspective....over the last 7 days we have recorded 25.7" of snow here in Chester County PA.  The 21.4" of snow already recorded this month is good for the most monthly snow in February since the 39.4" back in 2014. It is also already the 14th snowiest February in Chester County history. That said a long way to go to match the top 2 snowy Feb since 1894. #1 being the 69.8" that fell in 1899 and only 11 years ago  the 62.8" from Snowmageddon in 2010. However, this week may try to continue to move us up in the record books

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

I am already losing track of my snow amounts I have to get serious about documenting this, there was a little morning snow event on what day Thursday ? It was .70" and I barely acknowledged it.

• Like 1