Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

*Off topic*

I briefly mentioned in the Jan 31st-Feb 2nd thread that I have been dealing with unexplained low back, hip and leg pain the past two months.  I worked with a really good PT yesterday and together we were able to determine that my pain likely stems from Lyme Disease or Bartonella.  It makes total sense as I have been dealing with odd pain throughout my body for the past three years and I was out for three months in 2019 with terrible and unexplainable foot pain.  I've also experienced general fatigue, sound sensitivity, blurred vision, swollen glands and intense anxiety.  While that sucks, it does mean I am cleared to snowboard again!  I immediately drove over to Valley Forge and reconquered this line I rode following the March 2017 sleet storm.  I've contacted a Lyme literate doctor and am in hopes of a full recovery from these funky neurological symptoms.  If you get a bullseye, 21 days of antibiotics probably isn't enough!  It is BS that the American medical system does not believe in chronic Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses and they refuse to cover treatment or advanced testing.  The traditional western blot test for Lyme disease is extremely outdated and inaccurate and is the reason this was not diagnosed and treated sooner, as I was negative for Lyme in 2019 when tested for my foot pain.  

Here's the footy: (Might still be processing on youtube)

Sorry there's no SEPA Ski season thread like the NE forum has, so I figured I'd post it here.  Plus I think people should be more aware of tick borne illnesses, especially living in PA.  9 in 10 people with Lyme disease don't know they have it.  Also, I've been eyeing up that giant mound of dirt along the Turnpike and Northeast extension interchange for years now.  Might have to cross that off the list next.  

• Like 4

Light rain 36 here in Media 0.2” of slush on cars pretty much wiped away by rising temps and light rain it was a back and forth affair of light rain to snow to rain. 

Maybe the 12z models can pull off a coup to significant snow for Sunday.  I’ll go with the Ukie my model of choice since it’s been consistent along with the Euro.  

As I speak back to snow here now with a bit of graupel 36

Any time you start seeing hints of the PV just to our NW start trying to break off lobes or try and interact with other waves to the South, that is a signal for potentially a larger scale storm/event for someone. Will be a fun week watching where the PV goes and how it interacts. Makes for challenging forecasting over the next 3-10 days at least. If we are ever going to get a bigger event sneak up, this is the time.

Looking like another long duration winter event is taking shape for next weekend. Still a ways out but major signal for multiple waves to ride along the Arctic boundary. Set up screams interior snow, while the coastal plain deals with ice. All depends where that boundary sets up though and that won't be modeled correctly until we are much closer. Pretty good look though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Looking like another long duration winter event is taking shape for next weekend. Still a ways out but major signal for multiple waves to ride along the Arctic boundary. Set up screams interior snow, while the coastal plain deals with ice. All depends where that boundary sets up though and that won't be modeled correctly until we are much closer. Pretty good look though.

Looks very 1994ish from this far out.

Bruce just called in to WIP. (they gave him credit for last weeks prediction for the general area but he didn't predict anything for this Sun) Why he called in? It's "National Weatherperson's Day", I didn't know, had to look it up. He's a true weenie....

https://www.weather.gov/cae/NationalWeatherpersonsDay#:~:text=February 5th is National Weatherperson's,of John Jeffries in 1744.

47F

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1