Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

12 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm slightly above avg snowfall to date here. Sure, we have been lacking the big monster coastal storms the past 4 years, but this feels like it will be an avg winter at the very least for us here. I will take that in a Niña for sure.  

Was thinking that today on my way home from work.  I got a 10 inch snow/sleet storm in December.  Temperatures have been mostly in the 35-45 degree range up until this point.  If we get a storm or two during our favorable period in January and possibly a quick hit of arctic air we will be about average.  Maybe we can time another event in February or March to keep us happy.  It would be as close to normal a winter that I can think of.  This wasn’t going to be a snowy winter.  I think just average/normal is a win.  Let’s get it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

If we don't get score something of significance in the next 10 days(at least advisory level) we will have failed monumentally in the post December snow period. 

Such a tease to have an early snow and get in a rut like this.

You know the drill...this has happened many times. Pretty much annually.

I fully expect to open the door on the 15th w/a artic blast and blizzard conditions...

• Weenie 1

Just now, Birds~69 said:

You know the drill...this has happened many times. Pretty much annually.

I fully expect to open the door on the 15th w/a artic blast and blizzard conditions...

Not with near two months of +PNA, and good stretches of -AO and -NAO. This could be a special kind of fail. Now of course if there is a MECS the last week of January all is forgiven.

• Weenie 1

Yeah, I'm riding the "nothing good was supposed to happen until after 1/15" train for now. Even then, it may be a brief window. Who knows.

I do have a hunch if anything good does happen, it won't be a long track event, something will pop in the 72-96hr timeframe.

All that said, I do remember where I left the towel last year in case I need to dig it out.

• Weenie 1

On 1/10/2021 at 12:44 PM, RedSky said:

Not with near two months of +PNA, and good stretches of -AO and -NAO. This could be a special kind of fail. Now of course if there is a MECS the last week of January all is forgiven.

Here it is, I lowered my standards :

- I expect nothing before the 25th but temp highs will lower gradually.

- 1/25 to 2/5   a storm 4" (maybe more)

- If this doesn't pan out...screw it. I'll start collecting seashells or stamps as a hobby...

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, ChescoWx said:

Lock it up per the attached - as the old weather proverb states "snow in Spain equals snow on the coastal plain bringing much travel pain including places like Wayne"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/01/09/madrid-spain-snow-blizzard/

If there was a two weenie button I would use it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Lock it up per the attached - as the old weather proverb states "snow in Spain equals snow on the coastal plain bringing much travel pain including places like Wayne"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/01/09/madrid-spain-snow-blizzard/

I see the SSWE is already paying dividends in some parts of the hemisphere. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Most boring pattern in history and no signs of breaking any time soon. I wonder if we ll see any synoptic events in January or if they'll all wash out SE... Seems to be the case going forward...

The pattern with the cold air establishing in our source region is just starting in 3 days. Im cautiously optimistic. If we fail, so be it. If we score then I make naked snow angels.

• Like 2