Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

16 hours ago, JTA66 said:

I get so jealous seeing seniors walking around during a heat wave wearing sweaters while I'm walking around panting like a mutt.

During the Summer, my mother (upper 80's) at night will sleep in mid 80s temps/humid w/no fan or A/C.....makes me cringe. I would be a puddle.

Just got back from the post office and believe it or not North Wales train station still has a couple mounds of snow from the mid Dec snow. WTF?? I'm starting to think the snow plow guy is a "closet" snow weenie? He may need help. He plows the snow in large mounds in SHADED locations so it last....God Bless Him:)

35F/Overcast

we.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

I get so jealous seeing seniors walking around during a heat wave wearing sweaters while I'm walking around panting like a mutt.

At a parents independant living it's always 80F+, I need to go outside to cool off every hour or I start to dessicate and fear getting a shrunken head like the guy on Beetlejuice's couch. I'm stuck between the cold and hot people.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

30 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

During the Summer, my mother (upper 80's) at night will sleep in mid 80s temps/humid w/no fan or A/C.....makes me cringe. I would be a puddle.

Just got back from the post office and believe it or not North Wales train station still has a couple mounds of snow from the mid Dec snow. WTF?? I'm starting to think to snow plow guy is a "closet" snow weenie? He may need help. He plows the snow in large mounds in SHADED locations so it last....God Bless Him:)

35F/Overcast

we.jpg

Must be a relative of Kamu's

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

At a parents independant living it's always 80F+, I need to go outside to cool off every hour or I start to dessicate and fear getting a shrunken head like the guy on Beetlejuice's couch. I'm stuck between the cold and hot people.

I'm quite firmly in the cold people group, and each winter gets worse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

He may have tutored Kamu? He's a pure snow preservative genius,...damn good! 

Lol...I was going to say that I actually plow that parking lot, j/k. I also have a tiny bit of snow left in my shaded backup pile - about 6x8" and 4" high. Maybe I'll take a pic of it tomorrow, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Lol...I was going to say that I actually plow that parking lot, j/k. I also have a tiny bit of snow left in my shaded backup pile - about 6x8" and 4" high. Maybe I'll take a pic of it tomorrow, lol.

That would have been a good one!

To his advantage he has a whole damn parking lot to create his majestic mound. You have way less and limited area. Probably mound size per area available you would win.... 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

When the MA forum only has a hand full of post overnight there's no sense looking at the Euro and any other obscure model...

Seriously the local weather is now similar to Baltimore and Washington DC. Thinking of just running my cars is the driveway 24/7 to increase global warming..wtf is going on with no winter weather.

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Animal said:

Seriously the local weather is now similar to Baltimore and Washington DC. Thinking of just running my cars is the driveway 24/7 to increase global warming..wtf is going on with no winter weather.

Only difference up here is it's a couple degrees colder. Doesn't matter though, storms slipping to our south and it's still too warm to snow.

This winter hasn't been a torch by any means but too warm for snow/frozen stuff. I feel like I've been hanging between 35 - 45F for highs for weeks and the next week seems to be the same....

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Animal said:

I'm slightly above avg snowfall to date here. Sure, we have been lacking the big monster coastal storms the past 4 years, but this feels like it will be an avg winter at the very least for us here. I will take that in a Niña for sure.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Animal said:

I think a lot of folks forget climatology unless you live North and West of the fall line you average in the low 20's for snow.....heck it's only January 9th - PHL (6.6") has more snow than Chicago (5.4") so far this season. On that note where I live in NW Chester County we average the same seasonal snowfall as Chicago....I always tell folks that and they are amazed. Almost all stations and location in our area all solidly above normal snowfall for the season to date. Keep the faith but remember where we live - we just completed a 2 of the snowiest decades in history in this area....that is what was NOT normal....we are simply trending back to normal - it is all cyclical and not all things lead to climate....which is why Ben Franklin liked to say people will always tell you it was colder and snowier when they were younger....he also early on understood that climate will always be changing!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:

I think a lot of folks forget climatology unless you live North and West of the fall line you average in the low 20's for snow.....heck it's only January 9th - PHL (6.6") has more snow than Chicago (5.4") so far this season. On that note where I live in NW Chester County we average the same seasonal snowfall as Chicago....I always tell folks that and they are amazed. Almost all stations and location in our area all solidly above normal snowfall for the season to date. Keep the faith but remember where we live - we just completed a 2 of the snowiest decades in history in this area....that is what was NOT normal....we are simply trending back to normal - it is all cyclical and not all things lead to climate....which is why Ben Franklin liked to say people will always tell you it was colder and snowier when they were younger....he also early on understood that climate will always be changing!

Strong signals on 12z suite across the board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

Valid points..I am aware of climo in the southern snow belt. Just seems incredibly mild this winter and lots of rain so far.

• Weenie 1

42 minutes ago, Animal said:

No offense my friend...I have been hearing  this for weeks. Always 7 days away.

No offense taken. Big pattern look hasn't produced yet. Historically when the NAO relaxes we get another shot at a winter storm. With that said the period Jan 18th-Jan 23 is really gaining legs across guidance for something. I completely understand if you don't want to discuss anything past 7 days but frankly there isn't much else to discuss. I can agree that it has been quiet. Warm and rainy tho? I disagree on that. It has actually been rather seasonal. It rains every winter even the best ones. 

18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Not sure your location. Where I'm at in Bucks this feels like a totally avg winter. Haven't had shorts and flip flops weather like years past. 

Was suppose to be like last winter the analogs aren't worth a damn. Take away the one December lucky storm this would be on par with the chilly wet miserable winter of 2012.

• Weenie 1

4 hours ago, Animal said:

Valid points..I am aware of climo in the southern snow belt. Just seems incredibly mild this winter and lots of rain so far.

Pretty good dry spell we're in the midst of right now. I've been pretty relaxed about this winter so far, it didn't hurt getting accumulating snow in December. I'm thinking one decent snow per month, though I wouldn't turn down more.

18 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

That would have been a good one!

To his advantage he has a whole damn parking lot to create his majestic mound. You have way less and limited area. Probably mound size per area available you would win.... 

Well, here it is, lol. It's small ( glove for size reference), but it's also been around for 24 days now. Enjoy!

0109211428a_copy_1396x1861.thumb.jpg.87729e687c9cec9267c2a78eb84fa094.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, Animal said:

Not here.

I think the average high is 39/40F for my area currently and I've been spot on. Some days highs are mid/upper 30s, some days low/mid 40s. No torch or artic air...just average. And definitely not "lots of rain" here as well....

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Not here.

I think the average high is 39/40F for my area currently and I've been spot on. Some days highs are mid/upper 30s, some days low/mid 40s. No torch or artic air...just average. And definitely not "lots of rain" here as well....

Wait what December was over 6" liquid when the normal is 3.5" 

• Weenie 1