Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

January looks pretty bleak as long as those series of lows continue to rip into AK. We even get good storm tracks but the entire continent is flooded with pac air. I see talks in other sub forums of SSWE have begun. Winter must really be on the brink...

I'm starting to get that bad taste in my mouth like last year. Not that I believe NBC10 100% but their 10 day forecast I saw this morning made want to vomit. No snow chances, washout NYE/New years day, temps 40+/50+ and even a 62F on NYE. Not that their forecast will pan out but just seeing it made me ill...

28F

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Accu weather going w/ 50 - 65mph winds Friday w/a high of 64. I'm due for a power outage or some sort of wind damage...

24F

Finally into Wiggum rule territory. Worked out on Christmas Eve earlier than normal with flakes the next day. If we can hit 60 this Friday let's get more flakes flying within the next 5 days.

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Exciting, lol. I spent about 6 hours yesterday picking up branches and sticks from Thursday night. Maybe not as many next time...nature's pruning and all.

Heavy squall rains/high wind with cold fronts are the only excitement we have going these day. I guess I'll take it....

34F

• Weenie 1

Have been crazy busy the past few days but ended up with a 2.41" 2-day event total (1.84" + 0.57") Christmas Eve into early Christmas Day and then the temperature bottom fell out (a bit earlier than I expected), dropping from the low 60s down to the upper 30s and eventually to near 30 by late in the day.  Ended up driving through the Christmas Eve rain and was thankfully able to not have to drive past where a tree went down during the squall when I was out the next day.

Had pixie dust flakes Christmas Day afternoon but other than that, all the snow is completely gone including the plowed mounds at the store parking lots.  Had a couple 22/23 mornings with low dps until this morning when some apparent virga (got no bucket tips or even wet walks) event came through.  Otherwise currently 48 and not a cloud in the sky.

radar4-12282020.png

14 hours ago, RedSky said:

New Years day into the 60's on about all models 36hrs ago, now 30's?  This is the biggest medium range reversal I have ever seen :angry:

All the local outlets lowering their NYE and NYD highs by 10-15F +.....people who watch weather occasionally/don't track must be like WTF???

• Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Woke up to a dusting outside. Anyone else? Nice surprise.

17 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Real bad out here around the Fleetwood, Lyons area White out conditions traffic at a stand still 

Believe it or not it was actually on the NWS forecast for my area for 20% chance of flurries/showers. In hindsight they probably should have issued a snow squall warning.

• Weenie 1