Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

RedSky needs Benzos....not a lot but some.

Ji's brother/relative?

37F

Times are tough I wanted this winter to be wall to wall mild like the forecasts called for. What do I get one of the longest stretches (8 days) of snow cover in December in my lifetime. 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, penndotguy said:

I really hope this isn't one of those years we chase the ever elusive 10 day day storm only to have it mild and wet. We still have a long way to go fingers crossed.

The problem I am seeing isn't the pattern nor the storm evolution/track. There is simply no anomalous cold air on this side of the N Hemisphere anywhere. I mean, you could argue there are transient BN temps sporadically but overall if you look at the N Hemisphere maps the only real cold air is over in Siberia and Mongolia and not expansive whatsoever. Everywhere else is generally AN to much AN especially in our traditional cold air sources to the N. Could be a year where we have the pattern and the storms but we miss out more times than not on snowfall. If we can get some CPF that would help but I'm sure as soon as we get PAC help the ATL side will turn progressive with no blocking. 

• Like 1

Back from Florida. Pretty easy living down those parts this time of year compared to up here. I do hope to be able to snowbird one day. Wasn't any snow in my yard when I got back, a little across the street but not much. I wouldn't mind a mild January at all, especially if we can get some mild days on the weekend. I might even go out and fish! I'll never forget the brutal two weeks to end/start the year a few years ago when it was like 10 degrees every day with negative wind chills when the sun was down. That was bone chilling cold that I'm not sure even the most diehard winter folks enjoy. Hurts your face!

• Weenie 1

I couldn't live somewhere where there wasn't a change of seasons. Especially fall, it's my favorite and I'd miss the change of leaves and that first crisp air mass that says summer is over. Plus I'd hate to have to do yardwork 12 months a year. It's nice putting the mower away in Oct.

I hope to do what Snowwors2 is doing and move north to a more winter-friendly climate once I retire. But hey, we all have our own preferences so I hope you become a full-time snowbird someday!

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

I wouldn't mind a mild January at all, especially if we can get some mild days on the weekend. I might even go out and fish! I'll never forget the brutal two weeks to end/start the year a few years ago when it was like 10 degrees every day with negative wind chills when the sun was down. That was bone chilling cold that I'm not sure even the most diehard winter folks enjoy. Hurts your face!

That was the last time I was able to play pond hockey around here.  I'll take cold over the 40f rain of a mild January.