Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

3 minutes ago, Newman said:

GFS, CMC, GEFS all bury DC to SNE

I will be locked and loaded if the models are still showing something tomorrow night. Plenty of time for the typical bs.

although I constantly hear the big storms the models lock in a week out.

snow weenie handbook in the preface and chapter 1 section 5.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Animal said:

I will be locked and loaded if the models are still showing something tomorrow night. Plenty of time for the typical bs.

although I constantly hear the big storms the models lock in a week out.

snow weenie handbook in the preface and chapter 1 section 5.

Anything can happen, but it's quite intriguing that so many of the models are showing similar solutions.

I tell you guys what. My wife and I bought our first house this past October, and it came with not one, but TWO non-working snowblowers, one from the 80's and one of a much newer vintage. (Dunno why. The previous owners were a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.) I've been itching to get either or both of these bad boys up and running, but with the colder weather fast approaching, my wife recently turned to me and said "don't you dare". She's superstitious like that.

So there they sit, in my shed, in all their un-working glory. It would be awesome if our first major storm dumps enough to warrant the operation of such a machine, and I would not complain one bit having to shovel it all out by hand. The first time, at least. So there you go. I'm doing my part, everyone.

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Yep. Climo for the city will be like 6-10” then mix. Someone NW of the city will see 2 feet minimum. Two runs in a row the euro has this crazy pivot precip shield. Those are signs of the big ones. This is an interior Pa jackpot storm,  but I hope I’m wrong and we see SE trend today. 

In the big picture an 8-10 inch measurement at the airport is a news worthy storm.

5 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

I tell you guys what. My wife and I bought our first house this past October, and it came with not one, but TWO non-working snowblowers, one from the 80's and one of a much newer vintage. (Dunno why. The previous owners were a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.) I've been itching to get either or both of these bad boys up and running, but with the colder weather fast approaching, my wife recently turned to me and said "don't you dare". She's superstitious like that.

So there they sit, in my shed, in all their un-working glory. It would be awesome if our first major storm dumps enough to warrant the operation of such a machine, and I would not complain one bit having to shovel it all out by hand. The first time, at least. So there you go. I'm doing my part, everyone.

Maybe they thought they got the maintenance-free models, lol. Good job on letting them sit for now.

literally the worst thing anyone here could do now is:

touch any form of snow removal equipment

purchase or physically inspect ANY form of melting/traction product

draw a goofy MS Paint snowfall prediction map and post it in multiple threads and Regions

Copy and Past the play by play of every MET in the NE

Pick a fight with DT

Take the Canadian verbatim

Trust the NAM outside of 36hrs

Now inside 24 hours ALL of the above still apply except:

Picking a fight with DT is permitted if not encouraged ;)

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

My wife and I bought our snowblower almost exactly two years ago (right after Christmas). I take the blame for the lack of snow along the JS.

It has run twice, both times strictly for maintenance. Haven't moved it from the shed to the garage yet for the season.

(Of course, I still have a week to go on crutches/knee scooter post-ankle surgery...so it would make sense that the first snowblower storm would entail teaching my wife how to use the blower.)

32 minutes ago, SP said:

literally the worst thing anyone here could do now is:

touch any form of snow removal equipment

purchase or physically inspect ANY form of melting/traction product

draw a goofy MS Paint snowfall prediction map and post it in multiple threads and Regions

Copy and Past the play by play of every MET in the NE

Pick a fight with DT

Take the Canadian verbatim

Trust the NAM outside of 36hrs

Now inside 24 hours ALL of the above still apply except:

Picking a fight with DT is permitted if not encouraged ;)

We’re all done with all snow equipment, the best part is we had no new purchases or installs, unlike last season when we we purchased some new plows. 

7 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Put new fuel in, change the spark plug (or see if you're getting spark) and spray starting fluid directly into the carburetor/ throttle housing. It's inexpensive and many times does the trick. Definitely a nice weekend (temp-wise) to be outside... 

24 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Put new fuel in, change the spark plug (or see if you're getting spark) and spray starting fluid directly into the carburetor/ throttle housing. It's inexpensive and many times does the trick. Definitely a nice weekend (temp-wise) to be outside... 

Oh, I'm fairly comfortable with small engine repair. I just haven't had the time yet, what with all the other new house stuff that's been needing doing. I told my wife that if it does end up dumping on us, that's when I'll try to get one of them working. :)