Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Better for Philly and a classic I95'er

Main takeaway from 12z suite....stronger confluence, HP, and CAD. Even a thump to taint in mid Dec is a win IMHO. Promising sign for the winter. Last 3 seasons the pattern was dictated by mid Dec and was crud. Reversal this year. Solar minimum ftmfw!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Animal said:

Not much in the southern snow belt of philly..any ticks n&w its ova

Could go either way, but with a -AO/-NAO tandem in place, I will take my chances. If the look up.top holds, I expect the CAD look to increase and the setup to slowly tick colder as the event gets closer. Good to see this type of setup tho. But before buying gas for the snowblower or 20 pounds of ice melt, need to remind myself this is 6 days out and much could change. But great to have an actual trackable event. Feeling somewhat optimistic on this one given the looks up top....if they hold.

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Could go either way, but with a -AO/-NAO tandem in place, I will take my chances. If the look up.top holds, I expect the CAD look to increase and the setup to slowly tick colder as the event gets closer. Good to see this type of setup tho. But before buying gas for the snowblower or 20 pounds of ice melt, need to remind myself this is 6 days out and much could change. But great to have an actual trackable event. Feeling somewhat optimistic on this one given the looks up top....if they hold.

Agree.

down in the south..we track rain...

any snow is a bonus.

LV will get something at least.  We have been in the bullseye for the CMC, Euro and GFS in todays runs for at least 6" or more. To see model agreement 7 days out is a nice change. I just hope they all do not agree to take it ups the Apps or out to sea in later runs. If its an inland runner, dam I hate cold rains.  If the LP sits over the Chesapeake Bay area, big time snows accumulations when it goes negative tilt for NW of the fall line- can you say CCB set up?

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Should keep greenskeeper busy...

Hopefully good times ahead!

I post in here sporadically, living in Lancaster county my "home" isn't really Central PA nor is it in this sub forum. But I do like to post on weather that's moving west to east to provide insight to you good folks on what might be heading your way. I hope that's okay, but I have to ask...

Why is there a weenie tag put on almost every comment by that poster? 

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I post in here sporadically, living in Lancaster county my "home" isn't really Central PA nor is it in this sub forum. But I do like to post on weather that's moving west to east to provide insight to you good folks on what might be heading your way. I hope that's okay, but I have to ask...

Why is there a weenie tag put on almost every comment by that poster? 

He's semi-selective, but you'll probably get one for this post, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1